Update on my 6.0 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2006, 06:48 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Update on my 6.0

Of my other Ford vehicles, I have had extremely good service out of them. I ran a 94 F250 to 294,000 miles and really didn't do anything to it to amount to much. I put 1 water pump on it, rebuilt the alternator 3 or 4 times, replaced the brakes, put 1 timing gear on it, and gas and oil. My other F150's had 182,000 and 164,000 on them when I sold them. I've got a 95 F250 that runs like a top despite having been treated terrible and an 03 Expedition that I've never done a thing to other than put brakes on it and change oil.

My point in all this is this. If you ever have a problem with a Ford, don't expect Ford to be sympathetic to you, don't expect them to treat you like you are a valuable customer, don't expect them to treat you like someone they want to sell another vehicle to in the future, don't expect them to honor their warranty once you go past the lemon statutes which in Kentucky are 12 months/12,000 miles despite what the warranty says it's limits are.

Ford evidently assumes they have enough people willing to purchase their vehicles that it is not necessary to take care of the ones who have been loyal customers for 20 years now. They evidently assume there is a continuous supply of people willing to put up with a lot of bull crap for the opportunity to own their trucks.

Frankly, I like Ford trucks because in most cases, the others do not make a vehicle that is capable of doing what I expect out of mine. Half tons aren't an option for me. In that class of truck, your options are Ford, Dodge, Chevy. Clearly, Dodge has the best engine. IMO, Ford has the best Chassis, and if you are into that kind of thing Chevy has more gadgets in their cabs. Most people that buy Ford trucks aren't into Chevy's gadgets though. People bought Ford F250's for the Chassis and the reliable 7.3 Diesels and reliable 351 Gas engines. The 5.4 hasn't proven itself to be reliable or powerful enough for that size truck, the V10 has proven itself to use way too much fuel, and that leaves diesels. The 6.0 doesn't come close to measuring up with the 7.3 in power or dependability. People aren't going to buy these trucks for what they buy them for if they are constantly out of service for repairs. It doesn't do much good to leave your F250 at the dealership and drive away in the Loaner Taurus they have. Honestly, Ford's 6.0 diesel has greatly increased the value of Ford's older models with 7.3's and 351's.

Right now, in my case, it looks like that unless I fork out the cash to buy myself another truck, I'm the one going to be miserable over this ordeal and Ford doesn't intend to do 1 thing to try to help. Oh, they did offer me a $300 discount since I've had so many problems if I'd just trade to another one of their trucks. $300 on a $43,000 vehicle. What is that? .7% of a discount. These diesel trucks cost $85 to buy a tank of fuel for. I'm impressed with Ford's generous offer. I offered to pay 1/2 of the difference between my truck and a new one. They more or less told me to stick it. This would have amounted to them payint $7000 and me payint $7000 and this mess being over with. They weren't willing to put $7000 into putting an end to this, so they have what they have. A well pissed off, formerly loyal customer who will tell everyone he sees how he was treated by Ford and what he thinks of their products and customer service.

Skip
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2006, 07:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to trhland
sorry to hear about your probs. i feel your pain my 2006 is in the shop right now .for a turbo problem .and they need to keep it for a few days i just hope this isnt the start of continuing problems. if it is lemon law.com is going to get a call from me thats for sure .i m not putting up with problems i didnt spend 40 grand on a truck to be sitting in a dealer!!
Old 12-01-2006, 08:00 AM
I don't know nuttin....

I think you are sadly mistaken in the assumption that you have no leagal recourse with Ford....I don't care where you live, there are laws that are in place to protect you against this ver situation. Laws that were introduce originally over this very type of rip of situation.
I'd really like to here you report that you found a lawyer and filed a suit under the lemon law act...not against Form Motor Co. but agaist that dealer. That dealer will bend over and schidt money before they will spend that money on a court battle. Its called a settlement. They will offer you a deal once, twice and then off to court if you don't accept.
File suit, settle and take there deal and be done with it.
You should know how this works, insurance operates exactly the same way when they get a suit filed on them.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:18 AM
Conservative and Proud

Good idea Clay! don't go up against the big boys, hit the dealer because Ford won't back them and they'll settle!
Old 12-01-2006, 08:30 AM

Send a message via AIM to trhland
i bought a 99 f450 with the v10 gas motor and had a lot of problems with it . i called 1800 lemonlaw . they sent me a packet . and then i sent them all the invioces. and 3 monthes later they said ford wants to settle and give me msrp back for the truck .8 monthes later i had a new truck . and didnt pay the lawer a penny!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 08:34 AM

Skip,

Sorry to hear things aren't even close to going your way.... Unfortunately pretty much all manufacturers handle things this way... Some folks occassionally get lucky but generally speaking that's the way it is no matter which manufacturer...

Also unfortunate is that no matter whose product you buy there is going to be an occasional lemon... That will lead even a loyal customer to look elsewhere and also to tell everybody and their brother about the bad time they had with that particular manufacturer...

In all honesty I wouldn't put any particular brand on top as to who has the "best" heavy duty vehicles... Bottom line is that they will all do what they were designed to do... I might agree that the Ford has the better chassis but that is based on vehicle capabilities (i.e. load and towing) and not on anything else.. The GM products do ride smoother but they don't have the capacities of the Ford or the Dodge... Dodge capabilities are close to Ford's but still fall behind...

I certainly couldn't imagine have the 5.4 in a Superduty... Nowhere near enough motor... At least the hemi and GMs 6.0/8.1 gassers are a reasonable offering... As to the diesels it is a toss up as they are all capable engines... Understand that a large part of the world runs on International/Mann diesels so even though Cummins has a great name the engines aren't really any better (though they do leave they're "well proven" engines alone)... The GM/Isuzu diesel is actually a well proven engine in that it has been powering Japanese heavy duty vehicles for well over a decade... Alot of people don't know how Japan does things but a good example would be the '72 Toyota Publica that I drove while I was living there... That is the car that eventually came to this country as the Tercel (the Publica started life in Japan in 1966)...

In all honesty, the Dodge Cummins was my second choice and it was a close one... I just don't trust Daimler Chysler to handle a customer service situation very well... We have a Jeep Liberty with the diesel engine... Like most new engines (the early 6.0 also an example) they had issues the first couple of years... If it weren't for their serious low end torque (great for serious off roading) the issues they initially had would have killed the vehicle early on... They still don't have all the bugs worked out but the '06s are pretty rock solid... The people that had serious issues with their vehicles consistently were handled just as you are...

Sorry for the long winded response but it does happen from time to time and from most of what I've seen over the years they are all handled pretty much the same, THE MANUFACTURER WINS ...

Ken....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.