Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Rough idle. Misfire 2005 6.0

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  bmurph177 
#1 ·
Hey guys looking for some feedback on a truck it's a 2005 6.0. it has a rough idle and misfire under normal acceleration but clears up under full throttle. I pulled codes and has quite a few.
P0261 cyl 1 injector circuit low.
Po266 cyl 2 contribution/balance fault
Po267 cyl 3 injector circuit low
Po270 cyl 4 injector circuit low
Po273 cyl 5 injector circuit low
Po276 cyl 6 injector circuit low
Po278 cyl 6 contribution/balance fault
Po279 cyl 7 injector circuit low
Po282 cyl 8 injector circuit low
Po341 cam position sensor circuit
Po404 erg performance
Po528 fan speed sensor circuit no signal
Po611 FICM performance
The truck has all these codes but no check engine light. Started running rough one night snow plowing at about -10 degrees and though it was gelling. Put in some anti gel and then changed fuel filters and oil a few days ago. Also added hot shot with no luck. Tried to unplug ICP sensor but still runs rough. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Id be willing to bet that your FICM needs to be replaced. I am assuming you have a monitor so before the first cold start of the day watch your FICM voltage Pid and if at any time when the key is on, cranking the engine, or after the engine starts that the FICM voltage goes below 45, you need to either send you current FICM to this guy FICM Repair.com - Your Source for FICM Repair to be rebuilt- and/or upgraded, or you can buy a new FICM power supply from http://www.bulletproofdiesel.com/Bullet_Proof_FICM_p/bpdficmupgrade.htm which upgrades all of the parts known to fail in a FICM and also, you have the option to increase FICM voltage to either 53 or 58 volts that results in more responsive injectors.

Edit* I missed the part of your post that it just started running rough one night. In that case, it is possible that a harness going to the FICM came loose and its not getting a good connection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.