No start, ficm ect - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2014, 02:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No start, ficm ect

Ok, so iv had a colt start issue for a while but it finally shut off after idling for about 10m and after I drove off. However, the next day it started. Took it to the dealer and they said bad ficm and 3 injectors (not sure bout injectors obviously). Sent my ficm to Ed at ficmrepair.com. I got back into town today and took the ficm up there and it wouldn't start at all. Threw a code for every injector high voltage (mech said usually its low) but it read no less than 47.8v and it's 28degs here in south Bama. Ed said check the wiring harness, I asked the mech to as I was home after the 30m drive. He hasn't called back, any ideas? The clips on th plugs r broke but they had been broke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2014, 05:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

What mechanic/dealership are you using in south bama?
Old 01-28-2014, 06:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Chuck Stevens ford, where I bought it.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

If the clips are broke your plug is probably not makeing a good connection.
There is a trick useing tie wraps/zip ties to hold it in poeition for a temp fix.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

So after sending it to Ed at ficmrepair.com, he sent it back (replaced power supply , premium w/atlas 40). Plugged it up and nothing. Let the mechanic check everything still nothing. Sent it back to Ed and he found water and coolant in it (found some before that's why he replaced the power supply). He is sent a new one will install tomorrow. My question is, no one removed the access cover and the mechs drained fluids to make sure they got it in good. How could coolant or water got back in!? Anyways, will post tomorrow.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Truck is running almost perfect, still need to take my turbo off n clean it. Getting 18.5 @75mph. Towed a john deer tractor on a double axle 24' trailer the other day was getting 15.8 @ 65mph. I'm bone stock besides the ficm and intercooler hoses.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:35 AM
Premium Member

Did you ever determine the cause of your FICM failure? I have a similar problem right now--0.0 volts on my BPD FICM. My truck ran fine the night before, then the next day would not start. Edge CTS showed 0.0 v; test with multimeter showed 0.0 volts. Pulled the FICM to check wiring harness connections--all seem good. No chaffing on harness either. So, my FICM (only 15 months old from BPD) seems to be toast, but I have no idea what would cause it.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:54 AM
information regurgitator

Call BPD. They will treat you right.
888-967-6653.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:04 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelahPSD View Post
Did you ever determine the cause of your FICM failure? I have a similar problem right now--0.0 volts on my BPD FICM. My truck ran fine the night before, then the next day would not start. Edge CTS showed 0.0 v; test with multimeter showed 0.0 volts. Pulled the FICM to check wiring harness connections--all seem good. No chaffing on harness either. So, my FICM (only 15 months old from BPD) seems to be toast, but I have no idea what would cause it.
Give Andrew a call at 888-967-6653.

If you bought it 15 months ago, it's an earlier revision power supply. When our vendor went to machine placing (vs. hand placing) the components on the boards, we had some quality control issues. This caused poor solder joints on a few of the smaller parts. This in turn would cause the power supply to fail.

We have since changed the layout, component placement and quality control. If it turns out that you have this issue, Andrew will expedite getting you a new one under warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.