new injectors standpipes and dplugs...still doesnt run - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2014, 05:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
new injectors standpipes and dplugs...still doesnt run

heres the story. 07 f250 4x4 6.0 150k studded, deleted, exhaust, sct

just over a month ago in cold weather I had my buddy attempt driving my truck to the job site I was located at. -35* truck started fine ran fine drove fine for about 20 miles then slowly lost power, surged bucked, missing, died on the highway. pulled over wouldn't start. waited 10 mins and long long long crank it slowly picked up rpm and started...ran with no power and missed chugged surged bucked to nearest fuel station (20 more miles) where I met him. added some more diesel kleen white bottle to the already treated fuel tank. let truck idle for half hour (still missing) drove truck with no power (30 mph max speed) to job site where it ran for 8 more hours parked...didn't dare shut it off. he later drove the truck to the ford dealer. got a call the next day and was told truck needed injectors. ok replaced all 8. while they were under the valve covers they also replaced the stand pipes and dplugs. buttoned it all up and called it good. buddy drove the truck back home (8hrs) and only buck surged once. the next day I took it back out for a drive. started great drove great. then all hell broke loose. back to chugging surging bucking no power hard starts and stalling with no instant start. stuck with $3800 bill and not a fixed truck. truck now sits at a closer dealer center waiting to get in the shop. they had few hours to look at it and called me up saying it needs 2 new injectors and guessing there was water in the fuel..also suggested could be cracked tips on the injectors. truck spat a entire list of codes at me (CTS) but the dealer did not have any interest in to knowing what they were. I don't want to be stuck with another bill and a broken truck with hopefully ford diesel certified techs just throwing parts at it. any help or suggestions? thinking could be a shorted harness or something of the nature but the service manager doesn't want any input from me. irritated...need my pickup back!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2014, 07:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Could be a stuck EGR valve. I have had those same symptoms when it was stuck open.

To be honest, you are stuck with the repair place bills unless you invest in some type of good scanner. Could be a ficm, low fuel pressure, clogged back pressure pipe or sensor. Any number of things.

Was the repair at a ford dealership? If it was, you might could talk to the local dealership or call ford and complain and get it fixed locally for free since it was a ford dealership that worked on it.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

egr commanded off, and deleted. ficm voltage up and healthy. cant verify fuel pressure but has plenty enough to make a mess under the hood when I cracked the secondary filter housing cap. Truck was hooked up to ford ids computer and had 2 codes (at the time) for 2 cylinder contribution cylinder 1 and 7 if I remember. truck was at Bozeman ford 3.5 weeks ago where all 8 injectors were replaced along with stand pipes and d plugs when problem first occurred. Now it sits at a superduty center in minot ND. my issue is this. injectors are under 2 year unlimited mile warranty but the service writer made it very clear (assuming a guess) that is was probably going to be cracked injector tips(which is not covered under the warranty). how can he verify that by just connecting IDS to the truck without extracting the injectors. and even then need to be scuff tested unless obvious failed tips. injectors were less then a day old newly installed in truck before having same issues. taking a fuel sample tomorrow to see if I have contaminated fuel or excess water in fuel. service manager already is trying to get me to go after the last place I fueled up. .....why would I do that if we don't even know what the issue is..because its cracked tips right?? something isn't adding up.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I find it hard to believe that you could have that much water in the system to crack injector tips but show no other symptoms. The dealer should have caught that if there was water in the system. You paid them to FIX YOUR PROBLEM when you took it in, not replace some parts. It is their fault if they did not properly diagnose the reason all your injectors failed. Yes, the reman injectors they gave you may only have a 2 year warranty with no crack tip clause, but that should not be your problem. That should be the dealship problem to take up with the reman company. Again, there was a root cause to why you had to take that truck in to the dealership in the first place, they were negligent if they did not cure the root cause and only threw parts at the symptom. I really would bring that up and actually pursue a remedy in court if necessary.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

icing on the cake...Bozeman ford (first service center) after install of new parts slapped my truck back together....failed to install my air filter correctly and for the 8 hour journey home when my buddy picked it up...sucked up all sorts of dust and road grime...I contacted the service manager just recently and all that was said "I'm sorry that happened". Needless to say im very disappointed in that ford center with the treatment I received before the "fix" and after the fix. Customer service and loyalty...definitely lacking at Bozeman ford. luckily when I caught the mishap I did take a picture and will be sending it to the General Manager of that dealership with an attached email. If no reply, will resend to the General Manager and also a copy to Montana Attorney General of motor vehicles and the BBB. Maybe I will get some feed back then. I'm already feeling like im just spinning my wheels and nothing will be done about any of this....just the usual. we are sorry this happened...we really do understand your frustration....do you? Did your "fixed" vehicle die out in the highway one night when the temp was -26 leaving you stranded for a good two hours with no heat. Did you just pay a heafty bill to get your truck "fixed" to only find it wasn't actually fixed and then find parts not installed correctly when you got home? what other parts aren't installed correctly? was it even a ford diesel certified tech that diagnosed my truck and "repaired" it...or just joe shmoe the lube tech? Do you really understand my frustration?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.