Truck still not quite 100% - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2014, 10:33 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Truck still not quite 100%

Hi, just got truck back from dealer, new egr cooler and all new injectors. The truck starts fine and runs great or so I thought , when I come to a stop and get on the throttle the truck is sluggish and I get a puff of grey white smoke after it runs fine. This has happened a few times since I picked it up from dealer. So far I have 318 miles on the truck since I got it on Friday. I called the dealer Friday night when I got home, they said it might air in the system and to run the truck so I did but the sluggishness has happened a few times. I'm going to take it back Monday . Any thoughts on what it might be. 05 6.0 psd.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2014, 10:43 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to Bluedemon6.0
This could be true if, get on it a couple of times pretty hard and see what she does. You can check your map sensor hose for damage, a manifold boost leak will cause this as well. Just look on the passenger side of the engine look for a hose coming from a behind a bracket going down to the intake manifold just above the egr cooler, they could have damaged this line taking out the turbo. Do you have a monitor?
Old 01-26-2014, 11:24 AM

Thank you for the advice, I will check that out. I do not have a monitor yet, I ordered a scan gauge 2 from BPD, will not be here till Wednesday. What would I look for on the scan gauge?
Thanks.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:26 AM
Serving Our Country!

Here is a good start. Write Up: Bullet-Proofing the 6.0L PSD.

Ficm voltage, icp, Ipr, boost, batt. Voltage, map pressure, baro, ebp all these will effect the drivability of your truck.

Pull your fuel water separator plug and inspect fuel for gelling Also check fuel presser and fuel filters, a lot of members have encountered gelling lately. My opinion is you need to make the next purchase the blue spring update along with a fuel pressure gauge. Keep us posted.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-27-2014, 08:30 AM
Serving Our Country!

Here is the link for monitoring 6.0 along with all the recommended monitors, pids, and reasons for monitoring. Disregard the link in my last post but it still is a good read on bulletproofing a 6.0.

Write Up: Monitoring the 6.0L PSD.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:57 AM

Thanks for the input, the truck started fine and ran great this morning. I drove 60 miles on the interstate but when I got off key exit and whent to pull out fro stop the truck was sluggish for a few seconds then ran fine. I will get cracking on some of the stuff you had mentioned after work.
Thanks
Old 01-27-2014, 05:31 PM

I warmed up the garage and drained the secondary fuel filter? Looked at map hose, it looked ok. I was looking at the motor scratching my head and noticed that the charge air cooler pipe was not pushed into the intake manifold properly, about one inch gap. I loosened the nut on the clamp and wiggled the hose sand it snapped together like it should. Could this have caused the sluggish throttle . Did some stop and go driving and no issues. I will know more tomorrow when I drive to work. It's cold as heck here in Pa.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:35 PM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Yes, that could definitely cause it... I have had that happen to me after forgetting to tighten up the clamps or not tightening them up enough. Here's hoping you got it fixed!
Old 01-27-2014, 05:40 PM
Serving Our Country!

Sweet man, hopefully that is all it is.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:23 AM

Zero at 4am in pa, truck started fine and ran great, no issue with stop and go traffic , no sluggish throttle. I called the place were it was worked on and they said to bring it in to get checked, one year unlimited mileage on parts and labor. Hopefully that solved the issue. Going to plug it tonight, truck will be outside.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.