Update on my F250 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2006, 03:10 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Update on my F250

Update on my 6.0 nightmare.

Monday Lucretia called from Ford's Customer Service or whatever it's name is and asked, "What can I do to fix your truck."

It told her you have been sent a 3 option demand, do you have a copy of it. This demand says:

Option 1: Replace engine, computers, coolers, wiring harnesses, pumps, every piece attached to the engine and clutch with new not remanufactured parts, extend bumper to bumper warranty as long as I own this POS so I can guarantee your work.

Option 2: Replace truck with new

Option 3: See you in front of a Jury.

She said, option 2 is not possible but she would consider option 1. She asked how insistent I was on new parts as opposed to rebuilt, and I told her very.

Then Monday evening another chick by the name of Danielle called and said, "Your truck is fixed and running perfectly." I said that unless it was fixed as per my Option 1, I would not accept it. She said that I had to and it was fixed and the only thing Ford would do for me is give me a discount if I'd buy a new truck. Like I'd want one at this point.

Today I was getting ready to go fishing this weekend and realized my GPS card was in the console of the truck so I went to the dealer to get it.

The tech showed me what they'd done and the first thing I noticed is my hood was bent. It looks like they jacked it into the ceiling with the hood up on a lift. I pointed that out which they denied doing. The thing is, I changed oil in it 3 or 4 days before and it wasn't bent then. I told them it wasn't that way when I brought it in.

They asked if I'd drive it and see how good it ran. He told me to get on it behind the garage. The garage sits against a bank nearly and has about 14 bays lined up in a row. I backed it out of the 2nd or 3rd from the last, lined it up and let the clutch out in 1st gear, it slowly rolled past about 7 of the bays and finally picked up and went on. I stopped on a little rise at the end of the building, put it in 1st and let the clutch out. It quit just like it's been doing for months now. I tried it about 5 times, gave up, rolled it back, stuck it in Low gear and rolled it to the top then to the highway exit. Going down hill, I pulled out into the road and it took about 200 feet to hit 25 mph and once it got to 30 it went on up to speed, but no power to pull out with. The same POS it's been since 04. More torque than my 7.3, bull hockey my old 300 6 cylinder would probably out pull it.

They get in it going to prove to me that it can pull out on that hill. Well, they rode the crap out of the clutch, the engine still lugged and lugged and even quit on them a time or 2. They did manage to get it to pull out but not without riding the crap out of the clutch. (that's why I'm demanding a new clutch in Option 1, not them, me, I've had to do it for 2 years.)

I left it at the shop, got in my 7.3 and drove off. I just make payments on it, I don't get to drive it much.

Skipper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2006, 04:13 PM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
Sounds to me like the techs aren't even giving the truck a test drive after "fixing" it. Isn't that a pretty much standard procedure? Hear problem from customer/investigate problem/fix probelm/test drive to make sure problem is fixed and all is well. Then the tech is supposed to report that truck is ready for customer pick up.

I'd start recording EVERYTHING. Tap your own phone, and video-tape everytime you goto the dealer. You don't have to tell them anything about it either. I'm pretty sure the dealer will start to straighten up when there is a camera in their face when telling you it's all working. If/when they ask, just say, "Just in case I have to goto court over my truck..." I'm pretty sure they will at least treat you like a real person.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to etalian
ya ditty has a good idea. put a camera under the hood to see if they do anything and put audio. and put a camera inside the car to see if they even drive it and what they say when they drive it, such as, "man this guy really has a bad truck". i guarantee that will hold up in court... Good luck my man and hopefully this crap will get all worked out for you.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

KY,
This is like something out of a Horror movie... Like a Title... (waxing Poetic)

"Can't believe this Guy has this much bad Luck,
Can't believe this Guy has this bad of a Truck"

......... It all sounds to surreal...
Not doubting you, (Unless you are a Dodge Dealer Just kidding) I cannot believe this bad of a report..

Bear with me, I can feel one more POEM COMING:

"If this is an accurate report all around,
YOU'LL WIN IN COURT HANDS DOWN!!!"

Alright, enough, I will go back to my corner now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.