IPR PROBLEM - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 08:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry IPR PROBLEM

I HAVE A 04 F350 6.0L AND I KEEP HAVING TO TAKE THE IPR VALVE OUT AND CLEAN OFF THE SCREEN. SOME TYPE OF RUBBER OR SILICONE MATERIAL WILL STOP THE FLOW OF OIL AND MY TRUCK WILL DIE. NOW I DO ALL MY OWN WORK AS I OWN A REPAIR SHOP, BUT I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS IN THE MOTOR. I TOOK THE IPR TO THE LOCAL FORD DEALER AND THE DIESEL TECH SAID HE HAS NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE EITHER. I DO KNOW THAT EARLY LAST YEAR I REPLACED THE OIL COOLER AND ALSO THE SCREEN UNDER THE COOLER, BUT I'M GUESSING THAT THE SCREEN IS BAD BECAUSE THAT FEEDS THE IPR. I DID JUST DRAIN MY OIL AND RAN IT THROUGH A SCREEN TO SEE IF IT WOULD CATCH ANYTHING AND NOTHING WAS THERE. I HAVE GOTTEN QUITE GOOD AT PULLING THE IPR TO CLEAN IT, BUT IT'S GETTING OLD REAL QUICK. ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2014, 08:40 AM
information regurgitator

What BRAND oil cooler did you put in? The cheap Dorman oil cooler has a gasket set included in it that disintegrates in the presence of oil.. brilliant, I know..but true.

Is there something wrong with the caps lock on your keyboard?
Old 01-14-2014, 08:46 AM
information regurgitator

check out these links:
Dorman Oil Coolers

Beware of the Dorman Oil Cooler

03 6.0 with yellow rubber on ipr screen. - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums
The Following User Says Thank You to NYC F-350 For This Useful Post:
KOOLTIM (01-14-2014)
Old 01-14-2014, 09:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

That has to be it. The replacement cooler was a Doorman part. Mines look brown but that could be from the oil I'm guessing. So just get the dealer seal kit and I should be good?
Old 01-14-2014, 09:36 AM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If you're going in there again, you'd be better off to install an OEM cooler also.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:39 AM
information regurgitator

Well, to be perfectly honest with you, and I was in your shoes, I would take the opportunity to put a real Ford (or International) part back in and ditch the cheap Chinese knock-off forever.
There is a member on here that bought the $80 Dorman oil cooler and a new Ford oil cooler to cut them both in half and compare them and is making a video.
He claims that the Dorman part has less cooling passages and that it is a poorly designed heat exchanger.
He will be posting that video on the forum (or so he has been saying for a couple days now..) showing the comparisons. He said this morning that he will be posting that video tonight. (yes, this is my way of urging him to "get 'er done!" if he sees this thread)..
There is another member here that has heard of the top studs getting pulled out of the top of the Dorman cooler, but couldn't find the thread that had the pics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.