6.0 l wont start icp,ipr,ficm, all test good. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 05:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 l wont start icp,ipr,ficm, all test good.

hey guys i just bout a 2005 f250 and it will not start, i have scan gauge 2 connected to it and while cranking engine the ICP is 1100-1400psi, IPR% is 35-50, FICM test good have 4 prong FICM tested with volt meter on prong closest to driver side and had 48 Volts during injector clatter and while cranking and scan gauge says 47-48 V while cranking. FICM is syncing also. So no hpop issue or icp issue. did find the MAT(manifold air temp.) on the scan gauge reading -40 when unpluged sensor it went to 419, thought mabey it should be close to ambient temp. when engine hasent ran for a long while. could this be my problem for not cranking? while engine is spinning over little whitish gray smoke is coming out of tailpipe. any ideas? thanks.also forgot to mention upgraded to the blue spring update kit for fuel pressure regulator yesterday, pulled check valves on heads where fuel enters heads no debris found, pulled ficm, fuel pump, and pcm fuse and cranked engine over no bubbles in fuel filter resevoir. checked and replaced both primary and secondary filters. seems to be plenty of fuel pressure at front of heads. any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2013, 06:54 PM
Premium Member

It sounds like you have all the ingredients to start, so what is the problem? My questions are:

- How cold is it where your truck is sitting?
- Do your glow-plugs work?
- Is your fuel good with no water?
- What was the condition of the truck when it was last run?
- Is it cranking fast enough for a start?

Since it has sat, it is possible you have stiction issues to 2 or more injectors and that would make it a bear to start.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:10 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
A shorted out EBP sensor will cause a no start, so will GPM issues.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 12-30-2013, 07:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ok friend came over with snap on motis, p0264 injector circut low on cyl 2, p0268 injector circut high on cyl 3, p0270 injector circut low on cyl 4, my question is do i have open and shorted injector coils since circut voltage is low and high on multiple injectors? batt voltage is good and load tested batteries. or do i have a bad FICM? can a FICM be bad with 48 volts showing on my scan gauge and with volt meter as in the ficm test? i read in another forum somewere it can still be bad ficm and still show 48 v. on test. i remove the ficm 2nite and dissasembled smelt burnt but did not see any obvious burnt spots. you can get a ficm rebuild kit not the logic side but the 48 volt side. But is it bad even though i read 48 v? could it not be sending 48v to the three injectors that are giving codes?
Old 12-30-2013, 07:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

approx 50 deg. F, no water in fuel. man i bought it from said it lost throttle response when on highway going 60-70 and wouldnt rev up in drive. put it in park and it would rev up. pretty much idled it home like it was in limp mode. got it home and cut it off. it would crank up when warm but next morning it wouldnt. he said he cranked it with a little help from propane then when it was running on the gas he turned the gas off. after it warmed up it would crank again. im not going to do that and blow my heads off when the glow plugs come on, dont like using either neither. but have had this problem sense then.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to no-tel-in
Bump!

I have a truck with very similar conditions.. Any outcome here?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-18-2014, 03:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yea my truck is running now replaced no. 2-3-4&6 injectors. runs fine now when engine is hot. i still have a stiction problem now with the ones i did not replace when engine is cold or on a cold start but ten min. later it runs great. when i get a little extra money i will replace the other 4 and problems will be solved. hope this helps.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:44 PM
Premium Member

Sounds like someone ran the truck out of fuel a few times too many. Thats what kills injectors

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-19-2014, 06:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

This could be a wireing issue also. It doesn't matter if you have the best FICM in the world if the signal doesn't get to the injectors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.