'05,not boost, p2262 code - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2008, 04:42 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
'05,not boost, p2262 code

i have a 05 f250 in my shop that is really getting to me. it has no boost and i cant seem to get any answers. on friday i removed the turbo and disassembled it and cleaned all the deposits in the vane area as the tsb describes. it was not to dirty but had some so i though i had found the problem. after putting it back on the truck, still no boost. the turbo is spinning but will not spin fast when accelerating. i see alot of people replacing turbos on this site. in the past a turbo was good untill it stoped spinning or leaked real bad. i am aware that there is a accuator in the turbo that is controlled by the solenoid on the turbo. do the accuators leak in the turbo which causes them to get replaced because they are "bad". are all these turbos getting replaced because they dont spin or they have a accuator problem? any ideas????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
im on my 4th i believe, and it was all due to " sticking vanes " it would cause a high or low boost condition... which was caused by a bad EGR valve not opening and closing properly, that is what i was told by the techs at the dealership....
Old 08-24-2008, 06:58 AM

look at egr valve. more than likely stuck open
Old 08-24-2008, 06:09 PM

egr is new. i removed it and re-checked it and it is closed and clean. the vanes in the turbo are clean and the ring will slide with no problem.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:18 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

i dont see the egr causinga p2262 , im curious if the port running from the intake to the map sensor , is clogged up, pull the ruber hose off the intake and blow thru it and se if its clogged up, id start there
Old 08-25-2008, 03:40 PM

problem solved. clogged cat. converter pipe. thanks for the info. i will have to keep this one in mind for future reference.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:56 AM
Emergency Services

heh.. very interesting post. Being a Diesel I hadn't even considered the cat... but I guess I shouldn't think so narrow minded. What made you come to this conclusion?

I too have an 05 with this issue.. only code a 2262.. it's an ambulance so I just replaced the turbo (If it weren't I would've just cleaned it) I did the BG EGR service and replaced the EGR.

The more I think about this the more it makes sense. When I fire this us cold this truck runs like a raped ape. But as soon as it heats up it's a dog.

I think this too could be it.. thanks for this post!
Old 05-30-2009, 07:30 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUFFY828 View Post
i dont see the egr causinga p2262 , im curious if the port running from the intake to the map sensor , is clogged up, pull the ruber hose off the intake and blow thru it and se if its clogged up, id start there
I would tend to agree with that statement. This reminds me of one of my MANY jobs where it set a hard P2262 upon reassembly. Sure enough, the mistake I made was reconnecting the the MAP sensor hose to an adjacent intake stud instead of the actual MAP sensor port. That one threw me for a loop.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:35 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragrcr1005 View Post
problem solved. clogged cat. converter pipe. thanks for the info. i will have to keep this one in mind for future reference.
Yes, I have come across this issue MANY times. All too often, too many people read on the internet that turbos are problematic with these vehicles, so they jump the gun and replace what is potentially still a good turbo. The quickest and easiest way to diagnose this, would be to disconnect the downpipe from the converter and road test to see if it improves.

If you attempted to rev the engine up in PARK, a clogged converter will cause engine RPM to increase, and then decrease steadily as you hold the accelerator.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:41 AM
Emergency Services

Thank god I haven't done that yet... but I'm not above not doing it in the future... and I enjoyed that laugh! I have done similar stupid things though... in the end kicking yourself in the ***.

What's the big deal about 6.0's in an E-Series? besides the fact that you can't fit a deck of cards around the motor... and everything under the sun goes wrong with them taking far too many hours and blood to replace? Besides that... and the hours of cursing out the engineers... oh and the... and the...

OK.. you're right....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.