What does this code mean? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2006, 01:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What does this code mean?

So anyways after returning a video back to Blockbuster today as i was leaving the parking lot i had to get on it a bit to get the truck up to speed to merg into traffic. Right after i got off the throttle the truck chugged and wouldn't rev above 1000rpm. I stopped pulled over into another parking lot only to now notice a bit of smoke emmiting from the exhaust at idle. So i shut the truck off and restarted it in some hope that the problem would now be gone Again it was emmiting more smoke than normal on start up. So while in park i try and rev up the truck and again it has a hard time getting up past 1000rpm and when it does it starts chugging and sputtering and blowing enough smoke to make the cars dissapear that i had pulled up to and parked beside. So i put it in drive to try and chug a lug her home and it won't even move..just chug chug chug and even more white smoke..it's like there was a complete loss of engine power So at this point i shut her down and called the tow truck. While i was waiting i had forgotten that i had my predator in the truck so at this point i hooked it up and did a diagnostic test. A code came back saying P0404

Anybody experience this before or know what that code means? What ever it is i hope it's covered under the engine warrenty.

Truck: 2004 F-250 6.0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2006, 01:54 PM
Banned

that code is an EGR related code....but your symptom to me sounds like a possible stuck turbo.....

Either way it is covered under the engine warranty with the standard 100 dollar deductable
Old 11-04-2006, 02:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

you know now that you mention that. After this happend while the truck was idling it almost sounded half as quite as it normaly should. When i had my head under the hood while the truck was running and sputtering i couldn't hear the turbo at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.