What would you do? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2013, 02:34 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What would you do?

So I had a local shop do some diag on my truck as to why my truck was running rough. I got a call this morning saying that 4 and 5 injectors were performing at about 80% on the powerbalance test and that my FICM was at 40v. So I know I need to replaced the ficm no doubt about that but I was wondering about the injectors. Since the others are performing fine as of now and 4 and 5 are at 80% would you just replace the ficm and call it good if it does solve the rough running? I will also be adding rev-x too to see if that will help as well. I do plan on replacing the injectors with in a couple months anyways. but I'm just curious as to what you guys would do. Basically what I'm asking is if the ficm and rev-x does clear up the rough running, could I wait a couple of months to replace my injectors? Sorry If I am leaving any info out I'm a little short on time to write this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2013, 05:23 PM
Premium Member

Fix the FICM. Unless they switched out to a good FICM for the Power Balance, the results may be suspect; however, there is a good possibility that the test they did is valid. Rev X may work, or not. Of course, it doesn't always mean injector issues, but it usually is.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

One of my batteries being bad caused FICM voltage to be low and rough idling
Old 10-11-2013, 06:48 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
this is why I will always swap in a known good FICM and retest. no guessing what the ficm is or isn't causing.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:47 PM

Thank you guys for your responses. I doubt they put in a known good FICM and retested it. But when I got the call from him and he said it was at 40v I was actually a little shocked because a couple weeks prior, when the rough running started to happen I checked the FICM and it was at 48v and 47.5v when cranking. So I thought for sure that my FICM was in good working order. Mind you my truck has been sitting for little over two weeks from the time I hooked it up to the scan tool from my work and to the phone call I got a couple of days ago from the guy doing the diag on my truck. just seems odd, Have you guys ever had a FICM just completely crap out with no warning even if you keep tabs on it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.