Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

vgt%

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  twoicebergs 
#1 ·
hey all I have a 07 f350 99k mi and I love the truck I have been having a few issues with it nothing major so far.. first off ill give u my vitals.. my ect vs eot are with in 12 degrees my ficm main power is 48.5 to 48 and ive seed it dip once down to 47.5 my vgt% is 75 at ideal and 35 wot. now my issue is my truck seems to be a turtle it builds 22 - 24 psi boost but does not seem to put the power to the road I checked all my boots. cleaned my turbo... which there was rust and very little pitting.. the unison ring looked good so I cleaned and put a light coat of anti seize and no change.. filters have about 4k on them... is there something I am missing I know I need to do a fuel psi test. is there other things I should be looking at :icon_ford:

#6 ·
325 HP engine pumping 22 psi of boost not showing the power to the road is something not technically correct.
What is the weight of the vehicle and your 0-60 time?
ScanGauge can also display hp on the dial. At least it did show 220 hp on my 174 hp Mercedes.

#7 ·
It's not your turbo... Other wise the turbo wouldn't spool up until high rpms or wouldn't produce 20+ psi. You need to look elsewhere. Checking the fuel pressure is a good place to start, check the ICP volts to. But if your building 22# then it seems like the fueling is there...

#8 ·
He is stock. What he described is pretty normal. Put a tune on it if you want some performance.

#9 ·
my brother has a 04 6.6 duramax and he beat me off the line and down the road even though my truck is about 900lbs more he has 25 less hp and 50lbs less torque then me... so if this is the normal for this truck I guess its time to tune it up.. I pulled some more values from my scangauge IRP.23.0 @ idle and 50.7 WOT and ICP 580 @ idle and 2200 wot are these with in spec... also since I am not familiar with the tolerance of the various iteam that need to be monitored is there a site were I can get them also my cam and crank positions are not in sync as per the scangauge can this be a poor performance causing issue... thanx again for everybodys input

#10 ·
my brother has a 04 6.6 duramax and he beat me off the line and down the road even though my truck is about 900lbs more he has 25 less hp and 50lbs less torque then me... so if this is the normal for this truck I guess its time to tune it up..
Wrong numbers to compare
Assuming your truck weight 8000 lb, you have 25.6 lb per each HP.
He's got 23.6
Sport cars are considered those with less than 20 lb per HP and sounds like you want to go there?

#11 · (Edited)
I pulled some more values from my scangauge IRP.23.0 @ idle and 50.7 WOT and ICP 580 @ idle and 2200 wot are these with in spec..
I haven't been in stock mode for a while, but your IPR and ICP seems low at WOT. I wouldn't expect a large PW (fuel schedule), but at WOT you should be able to get 4000 psi of ICP. Since you are not commanding a larger IPR, ensure you don' t have a floor-mat that is preventing the accelerator pedal from going all the way to the floor. It might be possible there is another cause, but you would typically see a difference between the desired vs actual positions/values if you programmed for them or get a code.

also my cam and crank positions are not in sync as per the scangauge can this be a poor performance causing issue
If it wasn't in Sync, it would not run, so you are OK.

#12 ·
if my icp values are low what can be a potential cause of this issue and will this cause a performance issue..?? As far as wanting a faster truck I would atleast want to be able to hold my own I would like to put a sct on it but first I need to do all the preventative measures first. and I want to make sure everything is sound before I do them. when monitoring my ficm should I be looking at the ficm main power or logic power

#13 ·
Your ICP is a function of IPR closing which is a function of the PCM sending the signal for more fuel via higher injection pressure. Since you are not commanding higher IPR, the primary cause is AP (fuel pedal). It is possible the APS is not working correctly, but it is highly unlikely without an error code.

You will be fine with a canned or mild-medium custom tune without any preventative work prior to using it. However, if you beat on it regularly or excessively, it will bite you back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.