Had injector problem now no start hp oil leak ... HELP - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 11:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to helsel_182 Send a message via Skype™ to helsel_182
Had injector problem now no start hp oil leak ... HELP

ok i got some injectors and ive been having problem with them i had a misfire on cyl #1 did compression check it was good, checked harness, it was good took the injector out and sent it back and they said it tested perfect and worked great... when i got it back i put it back in and still missfire on #1 so i took it out and switched with #3 (replaced seals and crush washers every time i take it out) put it together with valve cover off to see if the misfire would move... now it will not run ... i can crank it and it will fire after awhile of cranking but only for 1-4sec then dies when it fires up i seen oil coming from between the oil rail and the injector, i replaced the oil rail and the o rings with c-clips in spool valves and it still will only start for a second or two and i still notice oil leaking from the top of all 4 injectors .... could the spool valves be cracked or damaged and leaking oil..... need to fix asap please help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2013, 06:45 PM

Since no one has replied yet, I'll throw this out... Have you checked the FCIM? I know it is a long shot, but might as well while you're in there.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

sounds like the o rings in the top of the injectors are deteriorated or were cut when you put the oil log on. Take a close look at the o rings in the top that the oil log sits in if they look cut or worn they need to be replaced. The only repair I know of for that is to replace the injectors that are leaking.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:12 PM

We have recently learned that the nipples themselves are replaceable and have a small thin o=ring that can leak. Requires a special socket.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:12 PM

ficm is newish i tested it today and i have great voltage from it, i replace all the seals on the top of the injectors and the snap rings they are all new, from what i understand from reading other posts a little oil leaking from between the injectors and oil rail is normal..... i am getting a scan gauge tomorrow to check ipr, sync, and icp........ will post what i come up with tomorrow
Old 10-14-2013, 04:25 PM

......BUMP....... TRUCK STILL NOT RUNNING GOING TO TAKE IPR OUT TOMORROW AND CHECK HE SCREEN.... AND HELP IS APPRECIATED
Old 11-12-2013, 04:17 AM

I FINALLY FIXED MY TRUCK THE PROBLEM WAS THE BATTERIES AND THE STARTER .... THE BATTERIES WOULD CRANK BUT WOULD NOT CRANK LONG AND DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH JUICE TO KEEP THE TRUCK RUNNING WHEN IT DID FINALLY FIRE.....I CHANGED THE BATTERIES AND THE STARTER NOW IT IS RUNNING LIKE NEW AGAIN...... FOR EVERYONE WHO SAID THAT THE OIL RAIL SHOULD LOT LEAK OIL IS WRONG IT IS COMPLETELY NORMAL FOR ALL THE THE INJECTORS TO PULSE OIL OUT OF THE TOP OF THEM... THAT IS HOW IT PURGES THE OIL OUT OF THE INJECTOR....COMPLETELY NORMAL.... GOOD LUCK TO ANYONE WHO HAS A SIMILAR PROBLEM..... FYI IF YOU GET YOU BATTERIES TESTED MAKE SURE THEY D A LOAD TEST ON THEM ADVANCE SAID THAT THE BATTERIES WERE GOOD OVER 1000 CCA EACH BUT COULD NOT CARY A LOAD FOR MORE THAN 30-40 SECONDS.....
Old 11-12-2013, 05:50 AM
Premium Member

This is the problem with internet advice. The OP needs to be able to convey any issues that surrounds the problem. Had voltage after the fact and cranking irregularities been mentioned, it is quite possible the advice would have been to look to the batteries first. There are a number of posts where batteries, attachment points, and starters killing the batteries have lead to FICM failutes and rough running injectors.

I am glad you found your problem.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:51 AM

What official documentation did you read that at. About the leaking I mean.
I am not gonna say yer wrong but I wanna read that myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.