More 6.0 problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 08:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
More 6.0 problems

2006 F350 6.0 We had the egr delete, head studs and gaskets, new oil cooler and all that done back in May of 2012, it blew the head gaskets again about a month ago, took it back to the same shop and they replaced the head gaskets again, They said we didnt need stud kit ect, because we had already upgraded,, they also replaced a injector they said the bad head gasket had knock it out, got the truck back and drove it for about an hour before it quit, no response from the fuel peddle, new peddle assy. and they said the tubo censor was bad, Got the truck back and drove it for a day, was setting at a stop light and seen white smoke start pouring out of the exhaust i shut it off, it was not hot, coolant level is good and oil is good.
when I tried to restart it, it was very hard for the starter to turn it over but it did start, then it died. so I just towed it to the house.. any idea what this might be ?
Thanks,
Shane sr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2013, 08:13 AM
Ordnance on coordinates

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
did they check the heads any one of the times, or just slap some gaskets on? what brand of head gasket? black onyx are junk...
Old 10-07-2013, 08:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ya the first time they sent the heads off and had them checked, I would assume they did the same this time, and these guys work on these 6.os all the time so I would hope they used the right kind of head gasket,,,,
Old 10-11-2013, 06:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I could really use some advice here, The shop that did the head gasket job on this truck both times are telling me that because the truck got hot when the head gaskets blew that is why it keeps blowing injectors after they did the head gasket change. I have picked the truck up 3 time to only have it go down on me the same day all 3 time, they have changed out 3 injectors and now telling me it blew another one when they were test driving it...
I had a friend tell me that they more then likely just slapped gaskets on the truck and the heads are not lined up right and that is causing the injectors to blow, This gasket job has already cost me $5000.00 and climbing any advice would sure be appreciated.
Thanks,
Shane
Old 10-11-2013, 07:11 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
The head gaskets aren't causing injectors to fail. Replace them all and be done with it. Next time it hydrolocks on you don't keep trying to start it. These engines use a high torque starter and will easily bend a rod on a hydrolocked motor. The reason you got all that white smoke was at least one injector was sticking open and dumping fuel straight into the cylinder thus creating a dead cylinder and not combusting that's why you seen white smoke rolling out of the exhaust. When it shut down the cylinder was flooded and caused a hydrolock because fluid is incompressible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.