04/04 6.0 long crank to start, no oil pressure when idle - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 10-06-2013, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
04/04 6.0 long crank to start, no oil pressure when idle

Hi, guys. I am facing a problem with the my truck right now. I just got my truck back from my mechanic and he claimed he replaced the HPOP, FICM and went through the front of the the engine after I sent it in for a non start situation. When I picked it up I had to crank for 10-15 secs for it to finally start. He stated it was just air in the system and I had to drive it for awhile to bleed out the system. I left the shop and 5 mins later the "check gauge" light came on and oil pressure gauge went to 0. If I gave it gas (even just at little bit) it would come back to normal and stayed normal until I let go of the gas paddle. I called the mechanic and he said it could be just oil pressure sensor that is located next to the oil filter housing. I have driven for 150 miles since I got it back but the problems stayed the same.

I have researched the similar problem but most of the them are for hard start/long crank OR no pressure when idle. In my case, both of the issues exist at the same time.What should I do?

BTW. The repair cost me 2400 dollars and he used Baldwn oil filter and cap later I found out and changed back to MC oil filter and cap, still did not solve the problem, though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004/04 F350 6.0 PSD extended cab. AEM Brute force air intake. Edge evolution tuner w/monitor. Hooker catback
2001 Navigator
2000 E38
2001 E46
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-07-2013, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Bump! Please help!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004/04 F350 6.0 PSD extended cab. AEM Brute force air intake. Edge evolution tuner w/monitor. Hooker catback
2001 Navigator
2000 E38
2001 E46
post #3 of 8 Old 10-07-2013, 01:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hmmm can you get your hands on a scanner no oil pressure is not good at all !

04 harley davidson f-250 arp headstuds oem gaskets,sb intake,edge cts egt probe,sct sf3 idp tuned/ php tuned,blue spring,zerex coolant swap,mbrp 5 inch xdp 6 inch tip,sinister egr cooler,new oem oil cooler,atlas 40 ficm,Painted cac tubes 7.3l wire loom,Diesel site coolant filter
GPDA's other shawn

post #4 of 8 Old 10-07-2013, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

No. I do not know anyone who has a scanner that can monitor pressure. I wish I do that way it would be a lot easier. !

2001 Navigator
2000 E38
2001 E46
post #5 of 8 Old 10-07-2013, 02:14 PM

Yeah you are kinda lost with out something more to go off of does the guy have a warranty on his work I'd say the pump if it was me but he changed it?

04 harley davidson f-250 arp headstuds oem gaskets,sb intake,edge cts egt probe,sct sf3 idp tuned/ php tuned,blue spring,zerex coolant swap,mbrp 5 inch xdp 6 inch tip,sinister egr cooler,new oem oil cooler,atlas 40 ficm,Painted cac tubes 7.3l wire loom,Diesel site coolant filter
GPDA's other shawn

post #6 of 8 Old 10-07-2013, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yes, He stated that he changed it. That's why I hope it's not the HPOP.

2001 Navigator
2000 E38
2001 E46
post #7 of 8 Old 10-07-2013, 02:41 PM

You really need a scanner to maybe test you pressure at the oil seņor and work from there

GPDA's other shawn

post #8 of 8 Old 10-07-2013, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Anyone in central Virginia area that I can borrow the scanner from?

2001 Navigator
2000 E38
2001 E46
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode