Looking to do an EGR delete and more. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 08:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looking to do an EGR delete and more.

so like i said. EGR delete.... how dificult of a process is that and can i get some links to a video or manual on it. also looking at XDP's website and they've got an EGR, Ford Head Gaskets, Ford Exhaust gaskets, ARP Head Studs, Ford Factory oil cooler kit and screen, Ford factory intake gaskets and ford factory turbo o ring kit and hardware.

2006 6.0, 165k miles.

how dificult would this all be to install?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2013, 11:58 PM
KCCO!!

if all you are doing is an egr delete...a good days work...getting the intake manifold off along with your egr cooler shouldn't take more than a couple of hours. switching out part of your y-pipe and then buttoning her back up will be the longest part... I haven't looked, but I'm sure there are videos on youtube on how to remove everything...it's not difficult, just time consuming...

getting to the gaskets, head studs, etc...you could be down a couple of days...with 165K on your engine, it would probably be a good idea to get your heads checked...that's where the couple of days comes from depending on how quick a machine shop can get them back to you...

oil cooler is not difficult either...rebuild is quite straight forward and there is a youtube video on that complete with torque specs...

all in all, considering time down for the machine shop...a few days give or take...I did everything myself minus the head work and I was back up and running in a week...there are many members here who have done rebuilds on the exact same job it seems your planning and they/we can all offer great advice...do some homework, there are a lot of good threads on here that can help you out tremendously...good luck with which ever way you decide to go...and again...if you need guidance or assitance...don't hesitate to ask
Old 09-30-2013, 07:26 AM

I add a question about delete procedure.
I have seen EGR coolers welded solid, but on one video a guy had plugs that he just tapped into the ends. Where to get such plugs?
Old 09-30-2013, 07:33 AM
RollinEarly05...now

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Just get freeze plugs for engine blocks. I'd have them welded in their so there is no chance for an issue. Can't remember the size off the top of my head. Look at the sticky threads in the 6.0 forums... Lots of head gasket write ups with lots of pics. It will take the average backyard mechanic at least 3-4, most times I'd say a week. Definitely get the heads checked. There is a thread on having the 6.0 heads checked properly in the stick threads too. Good luck and have fun!
Old 10-08-2013, 06:49 PM

I started oil cooler replacement job and removed the intake manifold before it got very dark.
"Somebody was there before" >>> several bolts that should hold smaller stuff are missing and the harness is just laying on the engine, so they were definitely professionals. (PO was utility co)
Now I can take a look at EGR cooler and via side hole I see about 1/4" tubings inside what per my observation is bulletproof cooler as factory one has radiator-style passages.
Is it possible that in 2007 Ford put better coolers or maybe PO did that?
How can I tell for sure it is bulletproof EGR cooler?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.