low circuit # 2 injector - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 02:10 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
low circuit # 2 injector

so last week while playing with first custom tune got a low circuit code for #2 injector P0264. but then flurry of other codes so i returned truck back to stock and for 4 days everything has been just great. got back from a 310 miles trip towing a 5k camp trailer. all my temps were great and stuff. but then just today got a p0264 code for the # 2 injector again.

2 months ago replaced both batteries and alt because i didn't check the alt after 2 dead batteries and then because of that it fried my FICM so i did the premium ficm job at ficmrepair.com

I have checked every wire connector i could reach and even removed air filter and stuff to check other wires and everything looks/ feel seated in the connectors. my ficm volts are like 47.5-48 cranking and driving.

anyone know if i can do like an OHMS test on the #2 injector wire or? Just looking to try and fix myself before i spend money for the techs that sinister diesel uses. (great guys but wanting to save $)

I have googled, binged, read and read and read all i find are post where people mentioned the problem but nothing on diagnosing it. truck runs fine on starting, driving etc....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2013, 07:17 PM

Did you check your FICM connections? I had the low circuit code come up for #6 and #4 when I didn't fully seat one of them after doing some work. The truck ran fine after I put it back together and never lit the MIL but eventually the connector worked it's way loose, causing a miss and contribution code on #4. I believe #2 is wired to the center connector of the FICM. Of course it could be a million other things too, but it's easy to check and since you recently replaced the FICM, worth looking into.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:22 PM
Serving Our Country!

yesterday i removed the air filter and re connected the 3 ficm harnesses and made sure i heard a click so im hoping so haha. i also checked every connector i could get my hands on and disconnected and re-connected.

anyone know how to do an ohms or volts test? if the code comes back i read that a bad injector coil could cause this as well.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinOOO9 View Post
yesterday i removed the air filter and re connected the 3 ficm harnesses and made sure i heard a click so im hoping so haha. i also checked every connector i could get my hands on and disconnected and re-connected.

anyone know how to do an ohms or volts test? if the code comes back i read that a bad injector coil could cause this as well.
Hey Justin,

What ever happened with this? I am getting the same thing right now
Old 11-01-2013, 05:32 PM
Premium Member

1 ohm plus or minus 0.2
Old 11-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305f250 View Post
Hey Justin,

What ever happened with this? I am getting the same thing right now
well it's a little embarrassing or the part is bad...

I found the number 2 injector is ran to the center of the 3 main harnesses on the FICM. So i unplugged the injector wire on injector side re clipped and found that the center ficm harness made a click sound when i played with it... and I swear i double checked that all 3 harnesses clicked haha. so far no codes have come back yet .

p.s. I removed air cleaner, intercooler tubes and cleaned and reconnected every connector i could find that day too figured might as well.

if everything checks out do a power balance test with your edge unit and see if it really is different.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.