The Race! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 06:51 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The Race!

OK, little different race than you may be thinking.

I have two 6.0's down at the moment, and both are having the heads removed and sent to machine shop. One at the dealer, the other in my shop. Here is the thread on the dealer truck:$25,000 repair bill!!!

The CCLB on the other hand, thats my truck, my baby. Heads gaskets were blown on that, along with clogged oil cooler, big deltas, like 30-40 deg. So I recently bought the ECSB to tow my excavator while I was building my truck. didn't work out....

Dealer said, I should get it back some time next week. Im calling B.S.! They said they are sending the heads to the same machine shop that I'm using. I have a friend who works there, he said their two weeks out. I dropped my heads off to him tonight, and I'm thinking dealer will be sending my other ones over there tomorrow. So the race is on!

Im hoping to use this as a Q & A type thread, because not only am I doing head gaskets and oil cooler, but I have a full billet warren trans sitting next to my truck. I ordered gaskets, oil cooler and external trans cooler today, from sunrise! Woo Hoo, sponsor! I am going to order the radiator that bullet proof carries. Does anyone know who makes it? The reason for radiator and new trans cooler is, I don't want ANY of the metal from my 204k mile, slipping every gear, break your neck when it catches, worn out trans, in my ever so beautiful, freshly painted black, transmission.

I also have sitting in boxes, a regulated return and all fittings and fuel regulators for my DIY fuel system. I have the fuel lab 41402 sitting here, just gotta order filter and w/s.

I plan on doing the oil cooler and trans swap while heads are gone. It will be first time for pulling a trans for me, but I feel confident in it, and have pretty good resources if needed. It will be the second time for the oil cooler, so been there done that. Also new radiator, trans cooler and pulling and flushing all lines And Im going to throw on the RR when heads get back.

My Plan is to eventually have 190/?'s and a larger turbo, possibly a MTW stage 3. But right now I need something to tow, cause my girlfriend's 250 gas motor (181K) isn't going to make it long towing 10K lbs daily.

So the race is who can get one of my trucks up and running the fastest? To be honest I hope its them so I can send out my core injectors and do my fuel system. lol

The best part is Im hosting a dyno event oct. 12-13. I work best under pressure

Last edited by sealeveloc; 09-18-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2013, 11:02 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Waiting to see how it all turns out, good luck man.
Doug
Old 09-27-2013, 05:03 AM
Premium Member

I talked with the dealer yesterday, my heads still haven't been sent out yet! There waiting for the warranty company to come look at them, and should be going out today or Monday.

I got mine off the four door to machine shop last Friday, but they were two weeks out, so hopefully I get them back in a week and a half or two weeks. I got my oil cooler swapped and trans cooler out. Gotta put new trans cooler in and radiator should be here from BPD today. I plan on swapping trans on Sunday. I think I got the dealer beat by a week or so no problem

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 10-15-2013, 04:08 AM
Premium Member

Boy was I wrong. The dealer got heads back Friday afternoon, and started assembling yesterday. I got my other heads back last night. And started to get all prepped up for assembly. I'm sure there gonna beat me lol. So instead of putting in my stock injectors with 204k on them I'm gonna call Jesse warren and see what he can do for me.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealeveloc View Post
Boy was I wrong. The dealer got heads back Friday afternoon, and started assembling yesterday. I got my other heads back last night. And started to get all prepped up for assembly. I'm sure there gonna beat me lol. So instead of putting in my stock injectors with 204k on them I'm gonna call Jesse warren and see what he can do for me.

Why R&R When you can upgrade?
Old 10-16-2013, 05:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

what machine shop are you using i see your in md as well.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:18 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx730md View Post
what machine shop are you using i see your in md as well.
Accu built in Salisbury MD. They are a international dealer, most ford dealers around here send there 6.0 heads there as well.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:25 PM
Premium Member

My injectors are boxed up and headed to warren in the am. I'm getting them built into 190/30's. I went and got trans fluid and oil yesterday along with all new filters. Still have to get coolant tomorrow. Block is prepped and I'm waiting on the gasket for in between head and rocker box. Ive got new glowplugs and harness coming too. I will start re assembling after that shows up

Old 10-16-2013, 07:02 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
might as well pull it out to do the bed plate and main while you are in there.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:51 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
How the "F" did I miss this thread?? Oh brother you know I'm in lol. Hit me up if you need anything. Good luck? Lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.