New motor, new injectors, 15min later rough idle - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2013, 08:35 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New motor, new injectors, 15min later rough idle

Looking for some insight as to which direction to look, 05 f250, new short block new ford heads, new (rebuilt) warren 155s stock injectors blue spring l, First start up of new engine motor popped off and sounded great!! No codes no misfires ran beautifully, idle time was limited but enough to verify everything was ok.. So we set out for the first test drive and before we hit the street truck developed a miss, thought maybe we had some air in the oil rails so we went around the block and miss never went away,

Cylinder contribution test showed number 7 had very low contribution, ran injector buzz test and no codes, next day took truck around the block again and still couldn't get number 7 to light up. Briefly checked conections and anything obviouse but found nothing.. I ended up unplugging #7 injector during idle and it made zero change in the idle..

So obviously I'm getting nothing from number 7, my question is where do I start, obviously I'm getting signal to the Injector as buzz test was good but I don't know why the injector won't fire, motor has never made any sound or negative action to indicate cylinder damage.. Or compression issues, it's just flat dead! I suppose I might swap 5 and 7 injectors and see if the problem follows the injector but was hoping someone might have a few tips or other things to try first before I tear back into it.. Thanks! Oh and FICM voltages are spot on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2013, 09:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Did you follow Ford's TSB for anytime you do anything to the HPOP system. You need to make 5-10 short wot runs to be sure all air is out of the system.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 09-14-2013, 09:31 AM

No wot runs as there is a break in on the block and its not quite ready for WOT passes just yet, at least not IMO, Ive had bleed out issues before with air in the system but never had it last this long nor consistently one cylinder like this.. Thanks for the advice though, I might drive it some more and see if it clears up..
Old 09-14-2013, 03:10 PM

Well just to post my findings I ended up swapping number 5 and 7 injectors and re-assembled, put my scan tool on and fired it back up and sure enough my low contribution followed the injector.. So new injector and we should be back in business!

Glad they are warrens, great warranty and great customer service! Hey there 6.0 injectors.. Can't expect them all to be perfect regardless of who rebuilds them..
Old 09-14-2013, 10:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
:thumbup:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 09-20-2013, 04:53 AM

Welp got another injector sent out, I pulled number 7 back out (which originally was number 5) to install new o rings n washer, I put it back in number 7 cylinder and I stalled the new Injector into number 5 cylinder. Got it all putback together and fired it up and cylinder contribution test shows number 5 is very low, I unplugged number 5 harness and could hear the "clicking " of the injector quit but truck ran just the same..

Any ideas guys? I can't imagine I got two bad Injectors??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.