Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Hesitating with black smoke

748 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  supreme oppressor 
#1 ·
Dang light came on while coming back from vacation with a 9700lb 5th wheel, no driveability changes.
A while later we had a low power incident crossing a highway:eek:hnoes:, then later there was periodic black smoke, but only briefly.
After a bit it would sputter and hesitate, with smoke at the same time. It seemed to coincide with bumpy parts of the road but not positive as the roads closer to home suck and bumps were constant.
Pulled codes when I got home as my code reader wasn't working on the road (blown lighter/OBD fuse). Injector circuit low on all 8 cylinders plus P0404 EGR circuit range/performance and P0405 EGR circuit low. Partially tested FICM key-on-engine-off 47.6, cranking 47.6, running 31.6.:Rant: Engine was warm - running an hour earlier. I should have kept testing for another minute to complete the tests but going to 31 volts bummed me out. :(

Time to give FICMrepair.com a call?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.