What wire would you interrupt for an immobilizer?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2006, 09:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What wire would you interrupt for an immobilizer??

My new truck, about 12 hours away from being Delivered, 2006 6.0 has a complete alarm system, running on the horn, all the normal goodies in a King Ranch, but for some reason NO IMMOBILIZER????? What?? Oh well, I will build it with a hidden microswitch... eh?

Something in the Compliancing and switch over to Right Hand Drive or something??? Anyway, what wire could I run a hidden switch on, that would keep it from being started even if someone had a key??? On my old IDI 7.3 years ago, it was a wire to a fuel solenoid switch...

Easy to do if I new what wire... Help!

Thanks in advance...!!! Ranger in Oz, just starting out with the 6.0..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Banned

there is a single wire that runs along the passanger inside fender. the wire has a "squeeze to disconnect" type connection right about the evaperator core housing. It then runs down toward and behind the passanger side battery. the easiest way to identify the wire im talking about would be to take the passanger side battery out and see which wire has a metal tab holding it secure to the battery tray. If you disconnect the electrical connector mentioned in my second sentance, the motor wont start. This would be the wire i would put an "interupt" switch on. It is the power feed for the starter relay........and it isnt obvious at all since it doesnt show any reason that it should feed a relay the way it is routed...you will see what im talking about when you get your truck
Old 10-19-2006, 10:01 PM
im fat and ugly

dang marc thats pretty neat
Old 10-19-2006, 10:02 PM
The Fat Mod

is there one of those on a 2000?
Old 10-19-2006, 10:19 PM
Banned

The wire i spoke of is a 6.0 only thing....HOWEVER...

there is a relay on 7.3 trucks on the passanger inside fender right by the battery. There is a small wire that just "snaps" onto that relay....that wire would do the same thing i described above...it is the ignition signal wire that energizes the relay...
Old 10-19-2006, 10:22 PM
The Fat Mod

Oh ok, yeah I remember a post a day or so ago about that same thing. Starting issue I belive. Thanks Marc
Old 10-20-2006, 07:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

It's hell, with what Ford asks, and we pay for these trucks, you would think they could have at least invested a few more bucks and installed the PATS system in them that is currently available for the F150's (and they are significanly less costly).

Marc, thanks for the info. I will installing a 'kill' switch now, but I ain't a-gonna tell anyone where.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
there is a single wire that runs along the passanger inside fender. the wire has a "squeeze to disconnect" type connection right about the evaperator core housing. It then runs down toward and behind the passanger side battery. the easiest way to identify the wire im talking about would be to take the passanger side battery out and see which wire has a metal tab holding it secure to the battery tray. If you disconnect the electrical connector mentioned in my second sentance, the motor wont start. This would be the wire i would put an "interupt" switch on. It is the power feed for the starter relay........and it isnt obvious at all since it doesnt show any reason that it should feed a relay the way it is routed...you will see what im talking about when you get your truck
Gee, that sounds really neat Marc.... When it gets light, I am going to have to see if I can find it... But couldn't someone still start it with a screwdriver across the starter solenoid terminals like in the old days?? Might need to find a fuel shut off wire if possible... And a funny: Passenger side is now drivers side, Hey, I am going to have to send you all some pictures of a really NEAT conversion to Right hand drive.. And my witto twuck IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the help there Marc... If I could pick your brains, tell me a fuel cut off wire point.... And this truck is really nice. I did not even know how nice it was, all the little goodies in the King Ranch are incredible!!! And the coil front end, the better finish and equipment and transmission, leaves our Fords made in Brazil back in the dust!!!

I am still discovering the toys? I picked it up from about 3 hours away, that is all the further trucking could get it before next week, and drove it the rest of the way. I have to say, this is the nicest luxury car feel in a truck I have ever seen. WOW!!!!

It is late Saturday night, but I will see if I can get you guys some pictures. The job they do in the conversion is incredible, chassis strengthening, AC moved up, full new firewall, new dash, and it looks Factory.

I am in LOVE...... Wanna sleep in it!!! Dead sexy with all the toys and leather... Kinky I know, but this is the nicest thing I have ever gotten. I'm like a little kid on Christmas morning, don't know what to play with first!!!

It is late Saturday, talk with you all on Monday. Ranger in Oz...

I really didn't even know they made them THIS NICE !!!!!
Old 10-21-2006, 04:36 AM
Banned

well ranger, remind me in nine days about your fuel pump wire and i will look at the wiring diagram and tell you which wire on your drivers....errrr i guess on your truck it would be the passanger framerail is the main power wire for your fuel pump.....Im just getting ready to leave for my hunting trip, so have a good week and remind me when you get back!!!
Old 10-21-2006, 04:37 AM
The Fat Mod

Congrats on the new KR. Hope it does well for ya.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.