Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Norfolk, VA
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Died on HWY, No Crank
I am experiencing this issue right now. I was driving down the highway and noticed I had suddenly lost power. I pulled over and verified the engine was still running. Then I tried to take off again. This time the engine turned off completely. I pulled off.
1. Key on - no underhood activity, dash on, windows and other accessories work.
2. My scangauge is not getting data. (PCM suspect)
3. Key to start - starter will not engage.
- Had truck towed
4. key to start - started right up, had some jerky throttle response, then seemed normal
5. Took the batteries to autozone for testing. Both 12.5v @ about 85% charge, reinstalled
6. Inspected Fuse 22. (satisfactory)
7. Took the truck around the block. (tried) Upon accelerating the engine turned off again and I barely made it to a safe parking spot. Same indications as before. Walked home thinking it might be time/heat related.
8. Unplugged the center connector on the PCM. Truck turned over but no start.
9. Replugged the center connector on the PCM. No underhood activity, no crank
10. Switched out the relay for the PCM. No change.
11. Turned key to on position, got into the engine bay and started moving things. When I pushed in on the forward most FICM plug the underhood activity was restored. THe truck cranked and fired right up.
12. I intend to remove and expose as much of the wiring harness as possible this weekend and verify routing and insulation on the harness.
Hope this helps someone out there.