Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Engine Fans running constantly

857 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dannyboy950 
#1 ·
Have an 2006 350 with 6.0.
Truck was fine. Sat without running for 10 days.
Now the fans run all the time as if the engine is hot. I dont mean the fans turn I mean they roar when your driving like they do when they kick in on high engine temps. Doesnt matter what the engine temp is they run pulling out the driveway when truck is cold and they stay on. I have not driven the truck for a longtime in this condition so I dont know what will happen if I get it up to high temp.
No codes shown through SCT device.
There is no tune on the truck.

I have been trying to do most repairs on this truck myself and learning as I go.
Need some diagnostic ideas.

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Check for free air flow thru the a/c condensor; CAC and radiator. Check all temps oil;coolant;transmission and a/c condensor temps as well as iat temps.

Check fan wireing for chafes/shorts Fan speed and duration of run time is determined by the pcm and what it sees from it's sensors.

A field test you may try is run some water across the a/c condensor if the fan cuts off your condensor is getting too hot keeping the fan engaged.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.