Shes got some smoke...
2004 F250 (late build)
Here's the backstory. About a month 1/2 ago I had my truck at Ford to diagnose a FICM logic side failure and they told me I had an injector about to start causing me some issues. I got on here to ask recommendations so I went with a motorcraft reman at the slight cost of 400 bones, but I figured better than having to go back in again if something broke. It was in shipment already when I had to tow my boat home. Backing into the driveway I start to get a misfire (P0300) and #5 contribution (P0275) and she starts dumping a noticeable amount of white/blueish smoke from the tailpipe. Well, Ford told me it was on its way out, guess it couldn't wait any longer. Had the truck sitting for about 2 weeks while I had to fix some problems with the boat..Yesterday I finally got under the hood and swapped injectors.
My old injector just looked really dark..copper washer intact, o-rings seen better days, but not torn or missing. Couldn't tell if there's a crack in the nozzle with my horrible eyesight. I cleaned the injector bolt hole with a q-tip(all I had) to try to soak up anything that was in there so I didn't have a problem with torque. Putting it back together was relatively smooth (PITA with the evap housing still intact) but it went together. Only problem I really ran into is the 2 bolts down low on the oil rail was impossible to get any of my torque wrenches in. So I torqued the bolts I could in sequence and when I got to 3 and 7 I tightened them judging by the force I had when torquing the rest. By the time I got the valve cover buttoned up I ran out of daylight so the wiring and gpcm had to wait until morning.
Fast forward to today, I went out this morning and put the finishing touches on it. Took me 5-6 cranks to get desired ICP which I was expecting. Once it fired up it sounded and idled smoother, but still had some white-blueish smoke. Only code was P1000 so I figured there might still be some unburnt fuel and it wasn't pouring out, so I let it idle for about 20 minutes. Checked on it again and I'm still getting the same exhaust smoke. Pulled codes again and I'm back to P0275.
Looks like I'm going to need to get a compression test done and see if something got bent in there from towing. Just wondering what you gurus thought and maybe an idea to pinpoint myself. I don't have a compression gauge that goes above 300psi and I don't have any real good scanner like AE or similar. So I'm thinking my ability will be limited.