06 6.0 loosing power - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2013, 02:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
06 6.0 loosing power

I have an 06 f-250 with an H&S, EGR delete, HPOP, rebuilt turbo, and 5in. the truck runs and starts fine untill you drive in for more then an half an hour or so. At which point the truck starts violently shaking. and when you let off the throttle to stop or pull over the RPM's drop to around 400 and will either jump back up and repeat or it will stall out. if it stalls the truck will not start back up unless i uninstall my tuner. It will throw a code P0299 i believe. i know this is for the injector but i had them replaced about 5k ago and once the truck cools down the code is not thrown until you either romp on it or highway drive for a half an hour or so. i just don't understand why it is so intermittent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2013, 02:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Your tuner, was this a brand new tuner or one that was used that you bought from someone else or maybe one for another truck?
Old 08-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I bought it brand new
Old 08-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedmiller View Post
I have an 06 f-250 with an H&S, EGR delete, HPOP, rebuilt turbo, and 5in. the truck runs and starts fine untill you drive in for more then an half an hour or so. At which point the truck starts violently shaking. and when you let off the throttle to stop or pull over the RPM's drop to around 400 and will either jump back up and repeat or it will stall out. if it stalls the truck will not start back up unless i uninstall my tuner. It will throw a code P0299 i believe. i know this is for the injector but i had them replaced about 5k ago and once the truck cools down the code is not thrown until you either romp on it or highway drive for a half an hour or so. i just don't understand why it is so intermittent.
Kind of sounds like an electrical problem. I'm thinking a chafed wire on the engine harness...
Old 08-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Smoke Eater

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to fdchief
are you monitoring your ficm voltages?.... almost sounds like its dying a slow death when engine comp gets hot.... heat=resistance=if its weak it could cause it to die out... just a thought.. i could be way off here
Old 08-10-2013, 06:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ya i just dont think its electrical because it only does it when i romp on it or on long drives. and my ficm is constant 48 volts. what about oil cooler?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
6.0 injector, powrstroke

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.