Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Help Please!!!

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  skanj0 
#1 ·
o5 f350 with 6.0

the egr let go and flooded crankcase with coolant. took heads off replaced gaskets, studded, and new oil cooler from sinister diesel. put heads back on tried to crank and it sounded horrible. took heads back off and found bent pushrods. sent heads to machine shop and they went through them and no cracks. replaced valvestem seals resurfaced and gave back. NOW I am ready to put everything back again...anything special I should know about this as far as timing and all? I have not touched cam or crank at all so I am trying to figure out why pushrods bent? Just need to get her back going...its been down for a month now..thanks for any help in advance!

#5 ·
This is the answer you need. The dowel mark on the dampener (between two of the bolts) needs to be at the 6 o'clock position before the heads go on. This is in case a lifter isnt compressed all the way, none of the pistons will be at TDC, preventing you from bending a pushrod agian. Unlike a gas motor, the heads on these motors have no combustion chamber, therefore a valve can kiss a piston during head reinstallation if a lifter doesnt compress all the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.