Need help. Stranded!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 03:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need help. Stranded!!

Stranded on way to beach someone knowledgeable help quick. Truck started stuttering going down the road. Pulled into rest area. Code read po261-injector one circuit low and p2290. More truck won't start back. Ficm reads 48v. Ipr % jumps to 84 when trying to start. Can't get a hpop reading cause the starter I put on a week ago has crapped out on me. Got it off and will be at the auto parts store when they open. I have people with me to help luckily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2013, 03:17 AM

It has the updated stc, updated stand pipes and dummy plugs. if ipr% is jumping so high right off the bat, could it be the the ipr?
Old 08-03-2013, 04:18 AM

Unplug your icp and see if it will start. Computer will use a default value to start. The PCM has to see 500psi min before it will let the injectors to fire.

Ipr will useually go to 84% at first to try to divert as much oil pressure in the rail as possible to make it easier to start and will then open back up to bypass excess oil.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:56 AM

Ok, got it to start. Went and got a new starter. Guessing maybe starter wasn't allowing it to turn fast enough. But still have miss. Same codes as before along with po263. Has number one injector just gone bad or what? I'm able to go now and gonna try to limp to the beach and fix there. Warren just done these injectors 3 months ago. Whats the chances he will help me out here?

I always run t6 with hss at every oil change and additive in fuel.

Whats the chances I blew the o rings on #1 injector and that is giving me the p2290? Running down the road my ipr% and icp are perfect. Hitting right at 4000 psi at wot, just the miss of #1 injector.

Thanks for the reply.

By the way, this is the second starter in 6 days, third in 10 months. Way to sell quality parts advanced auto!
Old 08-03-2013, 11:27 AM

Update: made it to where I was going. Cut truck off there won't restart. When trying to crank the most icp it builds is 289 psi, ipr goes to 84%. Unplug the icp sensor and it will crank. so hpo leak somewhere. Also injector #1 still not working. Could icp and injector be related cause they both happened at same time. Before this not even a hiccup in it's day to day operation. Ideas please guys, I'm 6 hours from home in virginia beach gotta get this thing fixed before I pull home next saturday.

New updated stand pipes and dummy plugs. Stc fitting a couple years ago. never had a sensor or regulator. Help help!!!

Last edited by powerstrokecrzy; 08-03-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Sounds like your blew the oring on top of the number 1 injector. Either that or the nozzle going into the oil rail is leaking hpo out. I wouldn't be surprised if the two aren't a coincidence and they are related. Pull the pass valve cover and oil rail and if the nozzle is really loose that oring may be bad. While it is off check the oring on top of the #1 injector as well.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:44 PM

Could you elaborate on the oil rail nozzle o ring, a pic would be good. I know they're there just never messed with the nozzle o ring. Just want to know what to expect going in.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The oil rails have nipples that should be fairly stiff to move or not move at all. The nozzles carry hpo to your injector spool valves. They are mounted in the oil rail and have a replaceable o ring. Also on the top of the injector itself there is an oring that seals to the outside of the nozzle. When you install the oil rail you will feel them seat. Google 6.0l oil rail nozzle oring, and injector hpo oring.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:03 PM

Would that one seal being bad cause a hot no start. It'll start cold or with icp unplugged
Old 08-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I probably wouldn't think it was except for the injector misfire as well. Here is a good article to read

6.0L ICP System Leaks - DTS Articles - Articles - Articles - DTS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.