6.0 wont rev past 3000 rpm blowing white smoke runs rough no power wtf - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 08:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry 6.0 wont rev past 3000 rpm blowing white smoke runs rough no power wtf

I have a 04 350 I have had it 3 years now but now the past year I ain't had nothing but trouble. I have had to the steelership twice now. I spent over $4000 now and its still not fixed. It's still blowing white smoke has no power and won't Rev past 3000 rpms. The dealers replaced a IPC two injecters EGR flush and a map any help would be great thanks
$4000 wtf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2013, 03:00 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'd bet a paycheck that you've got a busted egr cooler. Do a good coolant system flush, delete your egr, and change your oil cooler.

You could have blown head gaskets since you've been driving the truck while it was sucking coolant.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:40 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The white smoke can only be 2 things, fuel or coolant. As suggested, if it is the EGR cooler you can delete it, but you can also park nose low and pull the EGR valve to see if there is coolant (not moisture from sitting) in the intake manifold and you should have noticed the coolant level dropping, sometimes slowly. This is easy to do even if you only own a small socket set!

If it is fuel, the FICM firing incorrectly can dump raw fuel into the cylinder that will come out the exhaust as white smoke. It could also be an injector (usually black smoke but could be white) or even an exhaust valve not closing. Revving the piss out of an engine with a problem won't fix it and it can make it worse. Take the time to methodically work through the problems I have suggested. Get a solid diagnosis from a different shop or, if you are capable and willing, get a diagnostic tool and try to trouble-shoot it yourself.

So what did they tell you was done? A trained mechanic, using IDS, should have found the problem without it breaking the bank. You need to itemize what the $4k was. If it was one injector on both heads, the bill would be significant, but I don't think any dealership could present a bill that high for what you said was done, but as we all find out, anything is possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.