I Give Up for the 80yr old...?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 04:42 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I Give Up for the 80yr old...??

Not if I can get my 350 Superduty and Excel 33' RKO, both vintage 2003, towed up to Gainesville from Lecanto, where I try to relocate at the VFW Village community sometime in the next week. As previouly mentioned, the Ford Dealer in Inverness disassembled the driver side and because they found metallic fragments in the oil, pronounced the Odometer-reading 80K engine unrepairable.

Like is there an experienced Ford attorney still willing to sue to get this
gem repaired, gratus...I'd like a telephone number before I give up the ghost in my new location.

I'd just like to then sell my truck and 5th Wheel for $20K or best offer.
I paid over $70K for both in 200 when they had 47K miles on them.

Give me a call if you're anywhere near Gainesville and interested in making a deal. My phones: LL 352-527-1407 Cell: 352-476-2073
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2013, 05:23 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
it might be all the pain killers I'm on right now but I have absolutely no clue what you just said...
Old 07-30-2013, 07:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

He is selling a truck because a ford dealer told him that the engine was done, not so hard to understand
Old 07-30-2013, 07:42 PM
KCCO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by c69ss396 View Post
it might be all the pain killers I'm on right now but I have absolutely no clue what you just said...
I had to read it a couple of times too! Best of luck OP!
Old 07-30-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeCanek View Post
He is selling a truck because a ford dealer told him that the engine was done, not so hard to understand
a little snippy for a new guy. and yes it was hard to understand. i had to read it 3 times.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:15 AM
Banned

Very sorry for the unintelligable post.

It was after spending hours on the roof of my RV, after losing the air.

I didn't mean to be snippy, etc., just that I at my wits end over the "diagnosis" that I needed an entire rebuilt engine.

I'm having a difficult time with finances, living conditions, and the possibility of having to move into a VA facility.

I'd rather stay in this 2003 RV and forget giving up my two dogs...suffer along with my $1000 month Soc.Sec. Check.

It possibly could be just the damage from the oil pump that caused the particles.
I'll just probably stay here in Lecanto Hills Mobile Home and RV Park, and pray that somehow, someway and someday I'll get my truck running again. Sorry for the bad post.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Look at his other threads, as they relate to this, and you will understand. Hopefully someone can help him out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 08-01-2013, 07:20 AM
Banned

Thanks for replying...
I decided I can't move because of my social security being only $1000 a month. So the truck sits here with the driver's side head pulled off and sitting in the back seat. For some Diesel Mechanic who's looking for the challenge of getting in on the road again, it will be a nice find...the rest of the truck is great looking inside and out. Has a electric tow hitch.
Wish I could trade it for just a means of basic transportation...can't even get to a dollar store from where I live...4400 Gulf To Lake Hwy., Lecanto, FL.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:36 AM

Good luck !!

I hope something works out for you soon
Old 08-01-2013, 07:45 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifechanger View Post
Very sorry for the unintelligable post.

It was after spending hours on the roof of my RV, after losing the air.

I didn't mean to be snippy, etc., just that I at my wits end over the "diagnosis" that I needed an entire rebuilt engine.

I'm having a difficult time with finances, living conditions, and the possibility of having to move into a VA facility.

I'd rather stay in this 2003 RV and forget giving up my two dogs...suffer along with my $1000 month Soc.Sec. Check.

It possibly could be just the damage from the oil pump that caused the particles.
I'll just probably stay here in Lecanto Hills Mobile Home and RV Park, and pray that somehow, someway and someday I'll get my truck running again. Sorry for the bad post.
I'm sorry for the bad luck, I wish I could help you but I don't know squat about a 6.0. I wish you the best of luck and if you need anything please don't hesitate to ask, Alot of us on this site are fellow vets and will do anything to help one our brothers...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.