young pup needs help..... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 10:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
young pup needs help.....

Loosing my mind so I got to rant to feel better so I apologize for the book im about to write. Let me start by saying ive have followed these forums for a while and was never a member until now and want to thank anybody and everybody for posting information. It has been a game changer in situations. Any ways I just got out of the Marine Corps a couple a months ago and just bought my first 6.0. Turned my share of wrenches in the corps and a big fan of PMCS (preventative maintenance checks and services). That being said i'm in the middle of doing my egr delete and new oil cooler. Everything is going together smooth until my intake manifold. I got it in and started putting my intake bolts in and this is where im confused. I have one bolt left but it seems to short. This truck is 2003 with the intake with the cross member between the rails ( what a pain) anyways im a little embarrassed because that's all I've been doing for the last five years attention to detail. So the sum up is I have one intake bolt left with one hole left but its to short to go into the block. I have my studs with the threads on top in the right places back driver side corner for ficm ground and my two on the passenger side for heat shield and every other bolt is just a intake bolt but long...just left with one short one.... I don't think I dropped or lost one haha and i have my fuel line bracket bolt in and the two 15mm bolts that go in to fan shroud from intake ..s0 who knows... any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2013, 05:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Do you have the torque sequence diagram for the manifold? If so, double check that and make sure all the bolts are there. My guess is that you have the long bolt that is used to attach the air intake (charge air) on top of the throttle body. Going from memory, but I think it uses three bolts, two short and one longer one. Maybe you put one of the intake bolts in it and have the "Elbow" bolt left.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yea I have it and checked and double checked :/ so im under the impression I lost a bolt. So I just bought one from ford will be here in the morning but im still puzzled because I know I didnt loose it hahs
Old 07-19-2013, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fall_n_skies View Post
Yea I have it and checked and double checked :/ so im under the impression I lost a bolt. So I just bought one from ford will be here in the morning but im still puzzled because I know I didnt loose it hahs
Cant help w the question but good luck. Im still in the corps got another yr an half. Errrr
Old 07-19-2013, 07:01 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to Bluedemon6.0
I think that is the one that held the oe egr cooler. Maybe you mixed one up? I think that when I did mine that the bolt in the rear of the manifold that held the egr cooler in was discarded. I will take a look at mine this afternoon and see what I have.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Gus you were close the one you said on the throttle body was right but it takes 3 shory and one long. The long was the one the one I was trying to use so that means I have to swallow my pride and admit I lost an intake bolt haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.