And The Verdict Is............ - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2006, 07:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
And The Verdict Is............

Well Guys I Took The Truck In This Morning And Got Somewhere With What Is Wrong Finally. On The Trip Over To The Garage I Got Stuck Behind A School Bus And Every Time It Stopped I Would Cring Because I Wasn't Sure If The Truck Was Going To Stall Out On Me Or Not. Every Time We Started To Go The Truck Really Hesitated And Almost Acted Like It Was Going To Die, Then The Turbo Would Kick In And She Would Be Fine Until The Next Bus Stop. I Spoke With The Diesel Tech Personally And Explained Everything That Had Been Going On And He Was Shocked Because The 6oh's Had Most Of The Bugs Out Of Them. I Went Home And Crashed And Called Them This Evening. They Told Me That The Truck Ran Fine For Them (of Course It Did) But The Computer Was Throwing Bad Egr Valve Codes. When They Got The Truck Back They Did Some More Research And Found That Ford Had Put Out A Bulletin To Clean The Egr Valves On Any 6.0 Diesel That Came In For Service Because Of Problems! Hmmmmm.... Also They Pulled Out The Turbo And Completely Cleaned And Relubed The Whole Thing Because Of Another Bulletin That Said That Ford Was Having Carbon Deposit Problems With Their Turbo Fins! Hmmmm......... Has Anyone Else Heard About These Problems? I Also Told Them To Completely Clean And Flush The Whole Fuel System To Rule Out Any Problems There ($179). They Kept The Truck Over Night And Want To Run It In The Morning When It Is Cold To See How It Is Going To Act. Oh Ya One Last Thing, I Just Had The Egr Valve Replaced On A Trip To South Dakota In The End Of June! 3 And A Half Months Ago!?! Does Anyone Have Any Suggestions So This Does Not Happen Again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2006, 03:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Get Rid Of It !!!

I have an 04 with 38,000 miles on it and since it hit 32,000 miles it has spent most of it's existence in a shop. I have had it to 4 different shops and nobody has fixed it yet. I just got it out of the shop Friday drove 220 miles and took it back yesterday for the same problem. No power, cuts out, and bucking like crazy. A word of advice I have not been able to find a competitor willing to give anything on a trade either. My truck looks as good as new but worth nothing!! Everytime I take it in for repairs they whack me $100 deductible even though the engine supposedly has a 100,000 mile warranty.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

AIN'T THAT A CROCK OF STINKY! I LOVE MY TRUCK JUST NOT THE ENGINE! HO HUM I WAS TOYING AROUND WITH THE IDEA OF SELLING MINE BUT I AM NOT GOING TO LOSE MY A** ON IT! SO ARE WE THE ONLY ONES WITH PROBLEMS OR IS THERE ANYONE ELSE? HELL MY NEIGHBOR HAS AN 05 WITH 68,000 ON IT AND HE HASN'T HAD ONE PROBLEM!:blowup:
Old 10-10-2006, 06:11 AM
Banned

First of all, if its going in for the same problem and they keep charging you the deductable, pick up the phone and call ford. If corperate gets involved all the sudden things will start to happen, trust me, one of which will be the deductable going bub bye since you have already paid it for this problem

Both of you need to have the dealer install the "flight recorder" on your truck. When it starts to act up you will have a button to push and it will record the data pre determined by the tech that he wants to see. With these recordings they can see what it was doing when it was acting up....
Old 10-10-2006, 06:18 AM
Conservative and Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
Both of you need to have the dealer install the "flight recorder" on your truck. When it starts to act up you will have a button to push and it will record the data pre determined by the tech that he wants to see. With these recordings they can see what it was doing when it was acting up....

They actually have such a thing? Wow, learn something new everyday! But does this mean that even if it doesn't throw codes, it may throw codes before it acts up but not show up later? Just curious Marc.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:21 AM
Banned

some codes are not "hard faults"....but they are not looking for codes generally with the flight recorder, they have it set up to record sensor readings so that the tech can see just what is happening with the motor itself when the problem happens....
Old 10-10-2006, 06:29 AM
Conservative and Proud

hmmmmm maybe I should request they do this in mine??
Old 10-10-2006, 06:51 AM
I don't know nuttin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.BIGHILLBILLY74 View Post
Every Time It Stopped I Would Cring Because I Wasn't Sure If The Truck Was Going To Stall Out On Me Or Not. Every Time We Started To Go The Truck Really Hesitated And Almost Acted Like It Was Going To Die, Then The Turbo Would Kick In And She Would Be Fine Until The Next Bus Stop. I Spoke With The Diesel Tech Personally And Explained Everything That Had Been Going On And He Was Shocked Because The 6oh's Had Most Of The Bugs Out Of Them. I Went Home And Crashed And Called Them This Evening. They When They Got The Truck Back They Did Some More Research And Found That Ford Had Put Out A Bulletin To Clean The Egr Valves On Any 6.0 Diesel That Came In For Service Because Of Problems! Hmmmmm.... Also They Pulled Out The Turbo And Completely Cleaned And Relubed The Whole Thing Because Of Another Bulletin That Said That Ford Was Having Carbon Deposit Problems With Their Turbo Fins! Hmmmm.........
This sounds alot like the way my trucks acting. Took it to the dealer yesturday with 2 ICP sensor codes and 2 EGR valve codes. They told me the same thing about cleaning the EGR and rebuilding the turbo. The tech ( a friend of mine) said cleaning the EGR wasn't a good idea and that ford was only trying to save money by not replacing them. He said once the valve carbonsup between the valve opening, the computer learn this new "open" position and after you clean it, its still not closing right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyfarmer86 View Post
I have an 04 with 38,000 miles on it and since it hit 32,000 miles it has spent most of it's existence in a shop. I have had it to 4 different shops and nobody has fixed it yet. I just got it out of the shop Friday drove 220 miles and took it back yesterday for the same problem. No power, cuts out, and bucking like crazy. A word of advice I have not been able to find a competitor willing to give anything on a trade either. My truck looks as good as new but worth nothing!! Everytime I take it in for repairs they whack me $100 deductible even though the engine supposedly has a 100,000 mile warranty.
That's exactly what mine is doing....except mine will die too.
You have a case that is very near meeint the Lemon Law criteria i think. Look into it, study up on the law and then go straight to the top at Ford and just mention the words "lemon law" and i think they will be at your service from there.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Losing Patience With Ford Real Fast!!!

Service man called this afternoon and said truck was ready to be picked up. Called and asked what was done and they claimed nothing was wrong bad fuel. I explained kindly I was tired of the crap because filters have been changed and I only get fuel at 2 places. Water in fuel light has never come on and in 6,000 miles if I was burning crappy fuel I would know it. They finally put the tech on the phone and he started giving me the same crap until I told him it didn't start until about 200 miles after they changed the EGR valve when it went in the first time for a Check Engine light. He then told me there are 2 different EGR valves and maybe they installed wrong one. But then he said maybe the vanes are sticking in the turbo. I think maybe they should either find real mechanics or get rid of all the inferior components. Make a good product and customers will be loyal. Make junk and go bankrupt. The first time it came out of the shop they tried to sell me an 06 for $10,000 and my truck. I guess I should have done the deal but the finance manager tried to play games. I am looking into a Duramax as soon as truck is out of shop. I have owned Ford diesels for 20 years and this one is a big disappointment. My 95 7.3 powerstroke got 22 mpg this one only gets 14 mpg if I'm lucky without a load hook up my trailer and I get 7 mpg.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:27 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
L E M O N L A W

There is NO way that truck should have ANY problems with so few miles on it. Also, your 6.0 SHOULD Be getting in the range of 17mpg solidly!

I'm sure others will chime in to assist.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.