6.0 starting issues after lpop and hpop - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2013, 09:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 starting issues after lpop and hpop

ok I am new with the powerstrokes, not mine working on work trucks. I can work on them,and not the first hpop ive changed, just don't know what everything is. first truck was diagnosed with bad lpop and hpop. they wanted a butt load of money to change them so I did it. lpop new from dealer, hpop remaned off of ebay. changed ipr with the hpop. got all back together and cranked for 10mins and fired up. it would studder a lil bit but after test drive, drove until operating temp, shut it down and now it wont start. it has oil in the filter housing, looked like it had some air bubble in it when first cranked, but then filled up quickly. shoved very lil either down its throat after glowpugs cycled and it wanted to fire but didn't. im at a standstill on this thing. and help is very much appreciated. or even give me a direction to go. thank you for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2013, 09:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

sorry for not saying what im dealing with. its an 07, 6.0 f250
Old 07-16-2013, 04:08 PM
Premium Member

Need to know your ICP and IPR numbers. There are a number of other parameters, but since you worked on the oil systems, lets start there.

Please tell me you didn't crank it for 10 minutes? It should have fired to life after 2 or 3 20-30 second cranks.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

nope didn't crank straight for 10 mins. but I did pull it back apart to see if I pinched o ring on the hpop. didn't. pulled dummy plugs and standpipes and replaced them, as they were bad. put all back together and still no fire now. I don't have the equipment to really test anything due to me not going to buy it for a work truck and bossman to cheap to buy it. so I go off of what I can. I have oil in the filter housing and oil gauge jumps up on dash when cranking. changed fuel filters and rigged up a guage to test pressure and I got 45 when keof. I tested ficm and I have 48 vlts when keof and no drop when cranking. if I cant figure it out I just tell him to take it to the dealer. not my money.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

without codes or live data it is almost impossible to trouble shoot a 6.0 very well
Old 07-22-2013, 08:04 PM
Premium Member

A M12x1.5 to air fitting is pretty inexpensive. You can pressure test the HPO system and rig up a simple wiring plug to close the IPR as needed. Go to this thread for some advice.

Am I testting ICP the right way?
Old 07-23-2013, 12:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I was just in process of rigging something up to test the system. I pressured up to 100psi and sure enough gotta pull it all off again. heard a lil hiss on the back of the engine. I will let yall know what I find. thank you for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.