used FICM? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2013, 11:19 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
used FICM?

Having a possible FICM problem and was wondering what would be wrong with searching out a FICM from the wreckers? Other than a part I am using at my own risk...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2013, 11:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

May I suggest that you save yourself the headache and try FICMREPAIR.com. They did a great job for me and is very reasonable.
When you figure how much money a weak ficm can cost you and your truck, this is not truly something that you wanna cut corners with.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:45 AM

Hey thanks for the link I'll check it out. My easiest alternative is taking mine to a local shop and swapping out for over $700 Cdn...not cool lol
Old 07-15-2013, 12:36 PM

I've been in contact with them regarding a repair - and I think I will be sending it out soon. Just a question regarding any extra service they advertise on the online order form; I don't pull much weight-wise and the worst driving I do would be through some fairly tame mountains throughout Alberta/British Columbia - possibly with a 500 litre slip tank in back; is a general fix and return good enough would anyone think? Or will I missing out and possibly regret any possible upgrade while they have it?
Old 07-15-2013, 01:01 PM

If you can go for the Atlas 40 tune. Your truck will love it. Much faster turbo spooling and a nice little kick of horsepower.
Atlas 80 is even more fun but I ran into EGT issue's so I went to the 40.
You will be very happy either way.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:19 PM

Hey thanks for the reply again - so with the Atlas 40 - (trying to determine benefits vs extra cost) I'm liking what you've said but wondering if I'll notice the upgrade enough to justify it...hmmm decisions!
Old 07-15-2013, 01:39 PM

Ficm repair.com seems like the type of company that under-promises and over-achieves. I have read about nothing but happy people who use their service and most love the tuned ficm's. This is an upgrade I plan on doing for sure...just as soon as I can...
Old 07-15-2013, 01:42 PM

I've actually overposted about this issue but agree with you about all I've heard from the site has steered me toward them..
Old 07-15-2013, 01:55 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I sent them mine last week and I should get it tomorrow. I had them give me the untra service and atlas 40 tune. My truck doesn't have any other form of tuning done to it so I will try and see if it is noticeably improved.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:15 PM

Just read a thread on another site where Ed (The Owner of the shop) actually chimed in - it was from 2013. There was a lot of discussion regarding the noticeable - or not of upgrading. Most said they saw at least a definite change for the better in start up and smooth idling - and about half suggested the fuel economy increase was noticeable. Most posts were at least positive toward the upgrade, and then I read the one I was waiting for: 'How do you tell the difference from a FICM with Atlas 40 compared to the basic fix?' to which there wasn't much reply...

I'm still on the fence...lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.