Oil Cooler Parts - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oil Cooler Parts

I just found out that my deltas are 15-17* so its time for oil cooler got a parts list together just wondering if I missed anything. I am going to do some other things while Im at it like clean the turbo, egr delete, coolant flush, stc fitting.
STC fitting , IPR fitting, turbo drain and feed, cooler(OEM?), intake gaskets, turbo hardware and o-rings, and the blue spring.
Any input would help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2013, 11:11 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Don't forget the dummy plugs and stand pipes... Otherwise everything looks good. When doing the coolant flush, I'd use a chemical to flush the junk out and make sure you completely flush the system before change the oil cooler. If you have the money buy yourself a coolant filter kit as well. Upgrading to and ELC coolant isn't a bad idea either! Good luck and remember there is lost of sticky's about this process.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yea I guess I forgot about elc chemical and coolant filter. Standpipes and dummy how bad are those to do and is it worth doing headstuds at the same time(How much extra time am I looking at)? Yea I have been reading the stickys but just wanted some input before I start the project and I forgot something.

Last edited by Badger76; 07-09-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:08 PM
RollinEarly05...now

I'm not sure about the time it takes to do arps vs just going down to the oil cooler. But if you can afford it, what is stopping you from the added piece of mind?
Old 07-10-2013, 12:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

yea i know iys just the if iwant do do it now or save for a bit and do arps and bpd oilcooler down the road. Maybe someone will chime in and give me an idea on time. Got a question is CAT EC-1 the same as CAT ELC?
Old 07-10-2013, 01:40 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Honestly time it takes to install anything depends on your experience... Have you torn a 6.0 apart before? The biggest variation in time is going to be getting the heads worked on at the machine shop. Always a must when doing head studs
Old 07-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I havn't tore a 6.0 apart I do work at truck dealership on big rigs I know its a completely different beast. Is there a place thats recomended by guys on here to take the heads? There is a local shop in town but they mainly deal with race parts. Is it important to tale someone who has machined 6.0 heads?
Old 07-10-2013, 10:10 PM
KCCO!!

I'd keep saving and do it all at one time. As far as the stand pipes and dummy plugs, you're right there to go ahead and do studs. That's what I did. She sat for about a month and a half before I had all the parts I needed to get started. I had never worked on one either, but between working full time and waiting on the machine shop, it took about a week and a half maybe two weeks. Wasn't in any hurry and I'm sure I could have got it done quicker, but took it slow, paid attention, and tried my hardest to keep my kids away from the oil buckets, toolbox, and power tools. Good luck!
Old 07-10-2013, 11:48 PM
Like a boss!

If you can get all the parts stacked up and dive in then do it and don't look back. It sucks to drop the coinage but its awesome when you finally have a reliable truck. Don't waste the effort and skip a update. If your gonna dig down that far make sure to get every updated part possible for the rebuild. It may take a month to hit you, but you'll be glad you did it.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

OK you guys are really starting to talk me into it. What am I looking at other than the parts I listed above? Studs, oem gaskets, coolant filter. What gaugees do you guys recomend? Who did you guys have do your head machining?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.