6.0 problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 problems

Hi I bought an 05 F-250 6.0 about 5 months ago. I drove one week and the head gaskets let go. I found a guy local to do the job. when we talked before I brought him my truck he was very knowlegable on the problems with the 6.0 and what caused them. I brought my truck to him to get it studed, egr delete, 6.4 banjo bolts and blue regulator spring. When I dropped it off he told me he had a 3 to 5 day turn around, more like a 3 to 5 month turn around. It was almost five months he had my truck and dropped it off to me last wednesday. Needless to say the truck is not right and it was a fight for five months just to get my truck back. The worst part about it was that I lost my job in the mean time and could not afford to bring it to another shop. In tearing down the engine I head cracked heads so I got new heads not reman heads. He did the studs, gaskets, egr delete, blue spring and 6.4 banjo bolts. took truck for test drive after he dropped truck off and split and was very disappointed. Truck has no pickup and very slugish. When I put the pedal to the floor the truck goes into safe mode and will not down shift or go over 2200 rpms and the wrench light comes on. The mpg display says the truck is only getting 5.0 mpgs and that is horrible. It also sounds like something is hitting the fire wall at times under the hood and makes what sounds like a metal against metal sound at times also. When I put the truck in reverse and turn the wheel to the right it sounds like the exhaust has come undone under the hood. Needless to say I have problems and any help would be great. Oh and I almost forgot sometimes when I take off The truck doesn't want to shift out of first and when it does that if it shifts it does the same thing in second too. Sorry for the long write up but I think that is all the problems that I am having.

Thanks, Duf79
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2013, 12:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Oh I forgot he also replaced the oil cooler too.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Do you have any kind of a monitor on there so at least you can start trying to take out a few trouble codes???? Wow, this sucks.....
Old 07-06-2013, 01:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'd re do the whole job make sure he didn't screw something up
Old 07-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

No nothing to read codes with was planing on buying that when i got the truck back but currently being unemployed kind of putting a stop on big purchases right now.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:59 PM
MARSOC > Seals

Sorry to hear about your problems. Either take it apart yourself or please find someone that really does know the 6.0L's.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:07 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to Bluedemon6.0
I wish i was closer to you, all i can suggest is maybe find someone closer to you to give you a hand. Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 07-06-2013, 03:15 PM
Premium Member

id go down to the shop and beat him ****ing sense less.. What a douche... Hope you get it fixed RIGHT!!

Tom
Old 07-06-2013, 09:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Trust me I wish I could go and whip his *** but don't need to get locked up either. I plan on going to drop it offat my local dealer and see what they say. Thanks for your thoughts.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

You might get a judgement against him in small claims court.
Getting him to pay the judgement could be problematic, though.
If he has an established shop, the threat of a bad review on Angie's List or Yelp might persuade him to compensate you to some degree.

With so many contractors and service people who are skilled at inflating their professional credentials and experience, it's often wise to ask for, and actually talk to, references before committing to a signed contract.
We just went through this with a contractor who convinced us that he was
a consummate craftsman, but who couldn't build square cabinets.
The threats of a bad review on Angie's List and a small claims suit got us back a large chunk of the money we paid him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.