No Sync - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 11:18 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No Sync

When in dought go to the pros.Ok so I bought another truck which makes about 16 F350 s in the fleet 9 are 6.0 so about the 4th one I bought the A/E marvalous tool saved me a half mil by now.I do love the 6.0 and have become well versus in taking them apart and fixing the bugs.This on is a 05 F-350 got for $1800 and was a no start.Hooked the A/E up no oil pressure so proceeded to do the oil cooler,ICP valve had a hole in both screens,egr delete.Checked all the fuse everthing good 48v on ficm,icp hits 900psi and climbs now,BUT have no ficm sync,so upon futher reading here and searching I changed the CPS,changed the ficm from running truck still no change,What I also get is ingnition open,and can bus error which I believe is a ground but double checked everywhere,firewall behind on fender chassis all good.The ficm sync got me stumped though were should I look to find this in the wiring harness ?as they all clicked good the second plug is for the injectors?Cmp &cps also do not sync?fuel is good oil pressure up there when cranking.Just really believe need sync on ficm to get to fire ,it is also a standard.Did have to replace starter any ideas would help Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2013, 05:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

yes, you do need FICM sync to start. I was fighting a no start issue for a while, it turned out to be a broke tone wheel on the crank. What i've learned is that even if your not getting a CKP signal then the computer with default and use the CMP singal for the RPM indication on the dash. The last thing i learned is that although I love me A/E sometimes it just dosn't have a high enough refresh rate to see whats going on. I had to use a buddy's IDS before i figured out what was going on. There are some tests out there somewhere where you can check the AC voltage that is generated from the CKP/CMP. There is also a test to check the ohms in the sensors as well. I'll see if i can find them somewhere.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:10 PM
Premium Member

Ok just put fresh batteries in it still no sync checked grounds again and tryed the engine rpm it reads about 60-70 maybe the pcm will look at one on another truck see if its the same style as this one only has the 2 plugs to it,Thanks for the reply
Old 07-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Premium Member

With the a/e still no ficm sync also the crank and cam are not synced pulled the pcm plug looks like it was off before as there was dielectric grease on it (dont think thats factory not sure)Had a look at the cam sensor on pass side it looks like it is brand new and shinny black.So just wondering if anybody knows the pin outs on the cam and crank sensors at the ficm and pcm I think they should read 300 ckp ohms and 1000 ohms cmp.My understanding is they go from sensor to pcm to ficm.If the cmp signal is corrupt then you get no sync.What I have read is "Sync is totally dirived from the CKP sensor.It is possible to have no CMP sensor signal and still have sync and a RPM signal".I have a rpm signal but no ckp and cmp sync & ficm sync.This leads me to belive the crank sensor which was changed is bad or wiring issue. Any ideas??
Old 07-13-2013, 06:04 PM
Premium Member

going to change out wiring harness cannot seem to find any reading about how to test a harrness or pinout locatons
Old 07-15-2013, 09:04 PM
Premium Member

Shes running and purrs like a top switched out the harness and presto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.