Replacement Heads from Ford - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Replacement Heads from Ford

Anyone out there ever replace their heads with the reman kit from Ford? I picked up my new heads this weekend and when I put them on tonight I noticed that a lot of the old bolt holes are not there on the new heads where the old rocket-box would bolt down onto. For example, on the exhaust side of the head, on the outside of the rocker box, there are the head bolts, then the hole for the glow plugs, and then a hole for the rocker-box bolts. On the the new heads though, there is no thread cut for those rocker box bolts to thread into.

Anyone else notice this?

I guess it isn't too critical though. I suppose the 210 ft.lbs. of force on the head studs will be enough to hold that rocker box down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus_hauler View Post
Anyone out there ever replace their heads with the reman kit from Ford? I picked up my new heads this weekend and when I put them on tonight I noticed that a lot of the old bolt holes are not there on the new heads where the old rocket-box would bolt down onto. For example, on the exhaust side of the head, on the outside of the rocker box, there are the head bolts, then the hole for the glow plugs, and then a hole for the rocker-box bolts. On the the new heads though, there is no thread cut for those rocker box bolts to thread into.

Anyone else notice this?

I guess it isn't too critical though. I suppose the 210 ft.lbs. of force on the head studs will be enough to hold that rocker box down.
the new heads don't have them it is completely ok and normal.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Bump To Pass!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yep this is normal. There arent any holes anymore. Guess they figured out the head bolts/studs are enough. The last customer rig I did we used new ford heads and they were the same.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Bump To Pass!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
AHHHHHHH!!!! Treeed again by Jug!!!
Old 07-01-2013, 08:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks all. I must have stared at them for 20 minutes thinking I had them on backward, or upside down or something. I finally figured it must be the new design.

I got my new heads in place, and valve rockers in. Then I realized I forgot to take some of the bolts off my old heads before I turned them in. Doh! Gotta call the dealership tomorrow to see if they've shipped them back yet. Hopefully not. I really need the plugs for the back side of the heads where the fuel lines would go if they were reversed.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:40 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by toren302 View Post
AHHHHHHH!!!! Treeed again by Jug!!!
Hahahaha got ya!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.