NEED HELP/ADVICE AFTER HPOP INSTALL - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 03:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NEED HELP/ADVICE AFTER HPOP INSTALL

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and need some help or advice. I have an early 03 F-250 CCSB with the 6.0 with 162,462 Miles on it. I just did the fuel pump, and all fuel injectors about 3 months ago. I did the egr delete, coolant filter, upgraded oil cooler, and upgraded to the 07 oil feed and return tubes, about 10 months ago. This doesnt matter but I just wanted to put it out there everything I did. About a year ago I replaced the Hubs and Locks along with brakes, shocks tie rods inner and outer, steering stabilizer, and drag link. Also did a 4" MBRP Exhaust ans SCT X3 Programmer about 2 years ago.

Recently I been having a problem with the truck starting when its warm, when the truck sits overnight it starts right up, and when its warm it keeps cranking and no start. Everything I had read people were saying its most likely a leak in the High pressure oil system, So this past weekend I changed the High Pressure Oil Pump, ICP Sensor, IPR Sensor, All Filters, Oil, and did all new O-rings and Gaskets.

Now my problem is after doing all this work my factory oil pressure gauge at idle drops to 0 and says check gauge, if I bring the rpms up to about 1200 i have normal pressure. I have tried reving it, went from 25MPH - 50MPH excessivly 12 times then let the truck sit for 10 mins like the dealer instructions say and still the same problem.

Im confused now because the truck also seems to be running smooth and has the power it should. Im just concerned about the guage dropping at idle.

My question is whats left for me to replace, and why is my gauge jumping up and down? What can I look into next?

I also change my oil every 3,000 - 3,500 Miles with 15w-40 Shell Rotella oil and Keep up with all the filter changes. I like to take extra care of my stuff to be safe.

All my parts are from a Ford Dealership and i Always used Motorcraft Filters.

Any advice will help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Check the oil pressure switch/sensor. The often start leaking and give false readings.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 07-01-2013, 06:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Was there oil in the plug for the Icp? If so, you may need to replace it as well. They can be gotten online pretty cheap.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I ordered a pressure sensor for tomorrow. Hopefully that's the problem. Ill update once I put it in. And the icp sensor was just changed with everything else this past weekend.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

There was some oil in the old icp that's why I changed it.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I should get around to installing the new pressure sensor tomorrow. I was thinking about getting the bullet oil cap and do my own oil pressure guage. Now the question is how much pressure goes through there should I get a 100psi gauge?
Old 07-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

sounds like you left that poppet valve in the oil filter housing out "its easy to do".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.