6.0 Running rough for 2-3 miles then quits - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 07:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 Running rough for 2-3 miles then quits

I have heard so much about FICM Ed that I just have to throw in my 2 cents, he is a good guy and helps out tremendously when your trying to get your truck fixed. I had strong voltage at my FICM 48 across the board with no dip ever, truck would idle perfectly but after it warmed up it ran like crap, not to mention when you took it on the road after a couple of miles it would stop running.

First thing I did was put the scan tool on it and had a code for a Cam Position Sensor. Changed it out and the stalling stopped but still had no power.

Step two was to get my FICM checked and tuned with an ECO tune, when you cooled the FICM down, the truck ran better. So I sent it off to Ed at FICMrepair.com and like all the testaments before, easy to work with and a quick turnaround with a great FICM in return. More to follow...

Step three was a bad Number 4 injector, passed the buzz test but would start missing when it got hot, while it was cold we could disable it and you would get the miss that you would suspect, but while it was hot you seen no change in engine performance. Changed it out and had the exact same discrepancy, cold good and hot a miss.

Called Ed again and he said it sounded like a bad injector, so after we tried another FICM and it did the exact same thing, we got another injector. Took the new injector and put it in the number 2 hole and pulled the known good number 2 injector and put it in the 4 hole.

Truck runs great and I can't say enough about the advice and customer service that you get from FICM Ed and Moyock Automotive in North Carolina.
Dean, Jeff and Pete you're top notch!

THIS IS NOT A PAID ADVERTISEMENT!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

FICM repair did a great job with mine as well. And I enjoyed being able to talk to the guy and pick his brain. (Im sure I only scratched the surface!!!)
I just wish the guy's like this and say like BPD,Tony Wildman and the other well know highly knowledgeable guys wouold come on here more often for question answer type stuff.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I forgot to add that the FICM checked bad on Ed's bench test, even after I had good voltage, so he fixed it up and tested it again and in a test 6.0 they have and got it back to me pronto.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:28 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That makes me feel a lot better about sending him my ficm next week. What service did you have them do -basic, premium, or ultra? I think that I will go with premium.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had him do the premium with the eco tune, on the drive to work this morning it was so smooth running great it was a pleasure to drive. I looked down and I was doing 73 MPH so I had to throttle back some. Use the medium flat rate box at the post office and you won't be disappointed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.