6.0 Problems! Please Someone Help Me! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2006, 11:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 Problems! Please Someone Help Me!

Okay guys this is the first time on the site so don't disappiont me! I am having major issues with my powerstroke right now and need some guidance! I bought my truck brand new in the spring of 2004, it is a F350 dually lariat edition. I love the truck but I am starting to get concerned with the motor.

I change the oil every 4000 miles and use the rotella low soot, i also change the fuel filters every time i change the oil for fear of bad fuel. The truck has 40,000 miles on it and basically does light duty work but occasionally i do haul big trailers with it. My problems started this past spring when the turbo would kick in then off as i drove on flat ground and the truck just acted wierd, i took it into my ford dealership and they said there was nothing wrong with the truck. it pretty much went away and i only noticed it every once in a long while. in the end of june i left to drive from here in ohio to south dakota for a fishing tournament, my boat is only a 16' and does not weigh alot. we drove the whole way with only 2 stops for fuel and the truck was only shut off for a short period both times. when we entered south dakota the truck started acting wierd, blowing a ton of black smoke, and the turbo started making a sound like it was sucking air really fast. i called my father in law because he is a truck driver and he said it sounded like i had gotten some bad fuel and i should add some lucas fuel cleaner so we stopped at the next truck stop and bought some. on the road again the truck started doing the same thing then quit and ran fine until we hit mitchell s.d. when we got off the off ramp and went to go it started blowing black smoke again with no power! we pulled into cabela's and the truck died. it would not start so we called the ford shop and they towed it in. black soot completely covered the whole passengers side! at the shop they put the truck on the computer and the only thing it threw was that i had lost my turbo at 71 mph. they replaced the egr(?) valve on top in the middle of the motor and the truck ran fine afterwards. now flash forward 2 months and the truck is starting to hesitate at stop signs when you go to go and the turbo is doing the same thing. i called my dealership and it is going in on monday. the truck is 100% stock with no add on goodies yet. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP PIONT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION? this is my first diesel and right now it is leaving a bad taste in my mouth! $49,000 and troubles already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2006, 11:32 PM
The Fat Mod

Well first of all to powerstroke.org

Sorry you are having your troubles, these are great trucks and I am sure we can get you back rolling again. Did you pull any codes this time. If so, what were they?

Last edited by Logan; 10-05-2006 at 12:14 AM.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:35 PM
im fat and ugly

1st of welcome to the forum

i know yu gonna get help but you might wanna go by auto zone and have them see if you have any fault codes popping up, that seems help the gurus figure things out a little quiker.

hope you get it resolved quick like
and again welcome!!!!
Old 10-04-2006, 11:59 PM

Autozone Can Pull Codes On A Diesel? This Is The First Diesel I Have Owned And I Love It, But I Am Just Frustrated With It Right Now! It Goes Into The Shop On Monday Morning. I Do Not Know Anyone With A Code Puller So I Have To Wait Until Then Or If Autozone Can Pull Them I Will Take It There Later Today.

I Want To Add The Goodies But I Have Been Holding Off Because Of This Problem. The Wife Drives It Three Days A Week And It Normally Sits The Rest Of The Time Until The Weekends When I Drive It.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:02 AM
im fat and ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.BIGHILLBILLY74 View Post
Autozone Can Pull Codes On A Diesel? This Is The First Diesel I Have Owned And I Love It, But I Am Just Frustrated With It Right Now! It Goes Into The Shop On Monday Morning. I Do Not Know Anyone With A Code Puller So I Have To Wait Until Then Or If Autozone Can Pull Them I Will Take It There Later Today.

I Want To Add The Goodies But I Have Been Holding Off Because Of This Problem. The Wife Drives It Three Days A Week And It Normally Sits The Rest Of The Time Until The Weekends When I Drive It.

from what ive read they can, never had the need thoug "yet":pray:
Old 10-05-2006, 12:05 AM
The Fat Mod

Yeah, they should be able to. Either that or, if you have a friend with a superchips programmer or I think the SCT programmer, those can both pull codes too. You might have a bad injector or something. But pull the codes and we can go from there more easily.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:08 AM

I Will Call Them Later Today Because It Is 4:00 A.m. Here And I Work Third Shift! I Do Not Know Of Anyone Who Has Any Programmers To Pull My Codes With And The Check Engine Light Hasn't Come On!
Old 10-05-2006, 12:14 AM
im fat and ugly

HEY another night shifter. hope you get it resolved quick, so you can start layin down some rubber
Old 10-05-2006, 05:01 AM

Send a message via AIM to trhland
bring it in to ford u have 100.000 mile warrentee on the motor
Old 10-05-2006, 06:48 PM

well get this! no codes have been thrown! the wife drove it later this afternoon and said she almost rear ended some guy because when she went to go after the light turned green she said the truck seemed like it didn't want to go so she pushed the pedal in a little farther and the turbo finally kicked in and sent her lurching forward. the whole rest of her drive she said the truck kept wanting to turn the turbo on then off almost the whole trip which was 35 miles one way. the only time it doesn't do it is when you are stopping or once the truck has started to move after a stop! very, very frustrating!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.