Rear engine seal leak - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2005, 05:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rear engine seal leak

I have an '03 Superduty dually. At 55,000 mi. I noticed the rear engine seal leaking. Upon replacing at the dealership they found the crankshaft had 85,000 of an in. movement, 4 times the tolerance, and replaced the block under warranty. Has anyone else had or heard of this happening. Majority of the miles are definitely hwy. The truck is rarely hauling heavy, is completely stock, idles for no more than 5 mins ever, oil changes are 4500-4800 mi. with 0W40 syn. Appeciated, Huck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2005, 06:05 PM
Military Member

Send a message via ICQ to jwiger Send a message via AIM to jwiger Send a message via MSN to jwiger Send a message via Yahoo to jwiger
sounds like you got one bad crank or bearing out of a million some odd 6.0s built and sold. my regards, but luckily your dealership took care of you. I hope you get lots of good miles out of your obviously loved truck.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:21 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
WELCOME to Powerstroke.org Huck!
Can't say I've had the problem, nor have I heard of anyone else having such an issue. Like James said at least they replaced it for you. I'm curious - How do they work the warranty on that now, since they've replaced the block? Do they just keep it with 55K, or give you some extended warranty on the block itself?
Old 11-29-2005, 04:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Now that's a good question there Rod. I would expect ford to cover the new block from 0 miles, since it really doesn't have an actual 55k on it. But with dealers you never really know how bad they'll try to bend you over
Old 11-30-2005, 02:06 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
You got that right Smoke - you can bet any chance they get they will. That's why I was curious. Like you said the block doesn't actually HAVE 55K on it anymore. That would be a tough one because it would seem they'd keep the 55K on the parts they moved over (if any) and start you at 0 on replaced parts......
Old 11-30-2005, 01:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

why dident they just go ahead and put a long block in the truck instead of a short block that seems kinda retarded
Old 11-30-2005, 05:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
I don't really understand why they even wasted the time and labor to replace that only. I'd say just pull the old engine and put in a new one, done ya know?!
Old 01-03-2006, 03:57 PM

if I remember correctly the only difference it makes on your warranty is no matter how many miles you have on it they cover everything they touched for 12/12. Like all parts. I would be surprised to find out they extended your warranty. They are doing all they can to shorten most peoples warranties.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:57 PM

Yeah they just gotta cut every corner possible to save themselves from going bankrupt. The economic situations of so many companies across the states is scary...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.