Stolen Truck! Now had #5 Contribution code. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 09:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Stolen Truck! Now had #5 Contribution code.

About 6 weeks ago my 04 F250 was stolen from my drive way. 12 hours later it was found sunk to axles in the mud about 7 miles from my house. After I locked the manual hubs I was able to drive the truck right out of the mud.

I had the truck inspected, the locks, ignition, rear view mirror and a cup holder needed to be replaced. I had the work done and noticed a hard start cold problem that I had not ever had before and a slip in the trans when cold (Not to mention lost 4MPG). We found that the alternator was bad and replaced it thinking it would fix both cold problems...it did fix the hard start but the trans continued to slip. I had the the truck checked again and the tech said the fluid looked as if it needed to be flushed. When he had checked it 1000 miles before at the last oil change he had said it looked fine. The shop recommend that the trans be replaced.

The insurance company insisted on a second opinion...agents my wishes the truck was taken to the dealer. The dealer check the trans via a computer and found nothing wrong, they did however find a problem with injector #5. They said it was giving a contribution code. The dealer said that this problem with the #5 injector is what I am feeling when I feel the slip. I disagree.

If it is an injector problem....how could it being stolen cause this? Not to mention the alternator? I had not had any of these problems before it was stolen. I don't want to get stuck with the bill. Help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Texas Proud

Not being a bearer of bad news but when my alternator went out I lost an injector shortly after. Loss of voltage to the FICM will cause problems if it doesn't get fixed. Alternator is cheap and easy to do on your own and injectors aren't bad. I haven't had any luck with ford dealers, I'd recommend taking it to a reputable diesel shop close to you. But that's my opinion, j/s. Good luck and keep it rolling!
Old 06-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Texas Proud

And I forgot to mention, a bad alternator will show contribution codes on the injectors as well.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:02 PM
Serving Our Country!

do you have any gauges to check FICM voltage, trans temp other then the stock dash cluster?
Old 06-13-2013, 05:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

It probably happened cause they drove it like they stole it instead of driving it like some Ol'Lady. Just kidding! You got lucky, I bought a new truck in 2003 and it was stolen with 1,200 miles on it. They found it the same night in a creek but it was upside down.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:27 PM
Emergency Services

^ wow that sucks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.