Serving Our Country!
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Yuba City
Thanked 230 Times in 192 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
195 ect and 215eot? if thats temp driving on normal wihot load you need a oil cooler. make sure you flush your coolant system real good with vc-9 and distilled water good before you install a new oil cooler.
do not flush truck with new oil cooler it could possibly clog it. always always always flush before you install a new oil cooler.
1. drain coolant.
2. add 2 qrts of vc-9 and fill with regular garden hose water. drive it around no more then 3 hrs "warning on back of vc-9 bottles-
3. drain vc-9/ garden hose water.
4. fill with only distilled water drive it around for while.
6. fill with distilled water and drive it around for a day or two
8. replace oil cooler and use a cat/elc5 rated coolant I got it at napa for like 13$ a gallon.
currently-1999 F250 SBRB 4X4 7.3, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, AIS Intake.
-2004 F350 CCLB 4x4: Sinister Race solutions kit, CAT ELC Edge CS, SCT SF3, PHP Ficm programmer, Procomp, Rough country, and Nitto goodies.
-2004 excursion, banks exhaust, 03 turbo, aem intake.
-2006 f350 king ranch, aem intake, 10 in fabtech, 40in tires, sct tunes.
Interested in learning something new?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2F071 USAF 2008-2014