New Stand pipes and dummy plugs now it wont start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 08:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New Stand pipes and dummy plugs now it wont start

Hi people so I replaced my dummy plugs and stand pipes with the new updated ones, now it wont start ? the only thing that I did add was put dielectrick stuff thinking it was a good a idea to water proof the FICM connectors now the freaking truck wont start need some imput/thoughts from you guys stranded in florida panhandle 6.0-350-05 Anybody knows of a mechanic in niceville/crestview area in the panhandle of florida ??

Last edited by Louiediesel; 05-29-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2013, 08:43 PM

Is it turning over at all. If so try pulling the ICP wire and cranking it. If it starts then you have a bad ICP or still leaking oil. Make sure all your connectors are put back on and seated completely.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
Is it turning over at all. If so try pulling the ICP wire and cranking it. If it starts then you have a bad ICP or still leaking oil. Make sure all your connectors are put back on and seated completely.
It cranks over just fine ,and did the icp diconnect and it will not start, was runing this morning , in the dash gage it shows oil pressure so just confused thinking I should clean the connectors to FICM with alcohol to free them from that stuff I put in there
Old 05-28-2013, 09:08 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louiediesel View Post
It cranks over just fine ,and did the icp diconnect and it will not start, was runing this morning , in the dash gage it shows oil pressure so just confused thinking I should clean the connectors to FICM with alcohol to free them from that stuff I put in there

How long have you cranked it: if you have had the HPO system open you have to reprime that system by extended cranking the truck
Old 05-28-2013, 09:12 PM

03-04 trucks can take upwards of 10 extended cranks before firing

05-07 trucks is typically 3-5 extended cranks.

Dont smoke your starter by excessive long cranks
Old 05-28-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roche837 View Post
How long have you cranked it: if you have had the HPO system open you have to reprime that system by extended cranking the truck
well been doing about 5 or 6 long cranks and nothing..... wont fired up will try it again in the morning still want and going to clean that stuff I put in the FICM connectors? got this gut feeling I should it left along !!

Last edited by Louiediesel; 05-28-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louiediesel View Post
well been doing about 5 or 6 long cranks and nothing..... wont fired up will try it again in the morning still want and going to clean that stuff I put in the FICM connectors?

wouldnt hurt, get a scanner on it and see if your FICM is synced while cranking, wheck your fuel bowl, filling with fuel? oil gauge coming up on dash? get some sleep and retry tomorrow sometimes thats always best. Good Luck let me know how you make out
Old 05-28-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roche837 View Post
wouldnt hurt, get a scanner on it and see if your FICM is synced while cranking, wheck your fuel bowl, filling with fuel? oil gauge coming up on dash? get some sleep and retry tomorrow sometimes thats always best. Good Luck let me know how you make out
yes showing oil building up in the dash gauge will tackle agin the morning, burned out with it tonight
Old 05-29-2013, 08:28 AM

still not having luck, getting fuel ok,not sure about anything if going on with the FICM dont have a way to test it with at a friend garage with limited tools, the only next thing to do is take the drivers side dummy plug and stand pipe and put the old ones back in there ,the pasenger side did had a bad O ring and it fired up when I replaced that side, but not with the drivers side?? at a lost any ideas will be more than welcome and appreciated. !!! But if is getting readings in the dash gauge that means the new parts are good, but then at the same time I been fool before by new parts.?!!

Last edited by Louiediesel; 05-29-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:11 PM

Have you replaced the STC fitting? Double check the O rings on the dummy and stands

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.