Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

06 oil spraying out of dipstick tube

9K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  anschutz1913 
#1 ·
hello all this is my first time on here I did post on another site I figured I would see what you guys have to say I have an 06 6.0 bought it from dealer they did a lot of work to it before I bought it head gaskets, egr cooler ,coolant flush ,water pump,4 injectors right side . I drove the truck for about 1 yr only 6,000 miles then 2 inj went out on left side I just did all 4 and installed coolant filter and blue spring and got gauges sct livewire ts I started to notice oil temp getting hot on average coolant 196 and oil 220 20 to 30 deg hotter .now I have a problem in cyl 1 she runs rough and oil coming out of dipstick water in the egr and white smoke when you first take off then to black .all this on drive home oil hit 240 deg I would pull over let it cool drive till it hit about 215 and shut her down again took 3 hrs to go 15 mile oil temp would climb real fast any help or thoughts
ps I only have 8000 miles on the truck since I bought the thing

#6 ·
Its possible your crank case vent is plugged. I can't open the video on my phone. Is it alot of oil or more of a mist. If you put your finger over the hole can you feel alot of pressure?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#7 ·
1.oil lvl is 2 qrts low that's how much I lost and I left it low because it is parked for now until I can figure out what is going on
2.yes the air filter was removed for video
3.ya the ccv is venting good there is a good amount of oil in the turbo cant see it very well in the video

#12 ·
hate to tell you but I had the exact same thing happen on a 86 jeep, no one could figure it out. buddy on mine told me to drop the oil pan and run my hand up the cylinders. I could stick a penny in the scars of the cylinder walls. rings burnt off 2 pistons. hope this isn't your issue but I would consider it before dropping money to find problems that are not there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.