Codes 0402 and 132P - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Codes 0402 and 132P

I have an '03 6.0 Excursion, stock. I do have a CTS Insight for monitoring purposes. I drove it yesterday (wife usually drives), and he seemed to stumble on occasion and I could hear the turbo flutter occasionally. Usually these happened around 1800-2000 rpm, part throttle, when steady or accelerating. Highway driving it was not noticeable. I looked at the CTS and found the two trouble codes (0402 and 132B).

After reading many posts on the subject, some say clean the EBP sensor and tube, but some say that on the '03, that the EBP is no longer read by the computer. I looked at the MAP sensor and hose and they were clean. While watching the gauges, when there was a stumble, the MAF reading would drop drastically, but very quickly and return to more normal (for what was shown) readings. Today I checked the VGT% and at idle it was 60-70+% and when I hit the accelerator, it would drop. I don't see or smell exhaust from the Y-pipe area. I do get EBP readings from the CTS. What can/should I look for on the CTS? and what figures? Lastly what else can I check myself? The EGR valve is not very old, it was replaced about 20K miles ago.

Last edited by ColoradoDoug; 05-21-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

After another warm up and test drive, the MAP reading seemed correct. I'm at 5000' above sea level and I'm showing 12 psi and stayed consistent with the turbo boost. So at 3 psi boost the MAP was 15, etc. The MAF jump all over from single didits to a little over 100 g/s (?). When the engine would stumble or get sluggish, the MAF would drop quickly, and the VGT would rise to around 70-80%. After warm up, at idle, the VGT% was about 81%. Steady part throttle, the VGT was around 50%, until the issue arose then it would go to 70-80%. Could it be the VGT solenoid? Is there a way to test it? Should the MAF be all over the place? Again, just looking for clues and areas to focus.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Turned out to be the MAF sensor.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I feel like this is a one sided conversation here, but here is a little update.

This morning, the problem happened again, my MAF % was all over the place and the engine was running terrible. I took it back in thinking maybe it was a bad MAF sensor I got. The tech said he forgot to to the adaptive learning after replacing the sensor (disconnect the negative cable). He did that and took it for a drive and said it was good. I leave for home and 1/3 of the way home it starts acting up again. Not quite to the extent as before, but still running bad.

Still have a code 0402, but no longer have the 132B. Could it have been a bad MAF sensor or maybe something else?
Old 05-22-2013, 07:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sounds like you're gonna have to pull the EGR again for inspection and possibly a cleaning. Keep in mind, looking for anything other than soot in there ( gooey mess means bad egr). After that, take it out and beat the snot out of it, get those egt's up there to clean the cob webs out of it. I dont know how your wife drives, but if its her daily driver, she may not be runnin it hard enough. 6.0's need to be driven like their stolen, and taken out on the highway and opened up. City driving clogs em up
Old 07-29-2013, 02:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Still getting a stumble on occasion, but not all of the time. When it happens the MAF readings really jump around. Took it back to the shop and it won't replicate the stumble. So they couldn't fix what they couldn't find.

Fast forward to a week ago and I noticed this I am getting a oil spot under the engine. I just changed oil because it was time and cleaned things up to try and find the leak. But I also drove it around today and checked codes. I had;

p006A
p0341
p0401
p0402
p132B

I have the stock intake, not aftermarket. I have read that the EBP sensor is not read anymore??? So is it necessary to check the tube then? It seems to take a second before the turbo kicks in and then the power comes on. I have watched the VGT and it does show reading all over. How could I tell if the vanes are sticking? I also cleaned the EGR valve back in May or June when the problems started.

Ideas on where to start with this list???

Thanks
Old 07-30-2013, 06:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Anyone?

Sound like a defective MAF? Turbo that needs cleaned (what's a price range to get that done)? Something else maybe?
Old 08-05-2013, 04:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 08-06-2013, 03:53 PM

If you PM me with an email I can send you a PDF which explains the P006A and P132B codes. The P0341 used to pop up on me ocassionally with no run issues. I finally felt it stumble one time, checked for codes and there it was again... Replaced the Cam sensor and inspected the harness. Code has yet to reappear. I dont want to tell you to throw money at it, but the EGR codes almost say that the EGR valve is faulty, sticking open or closed. There is a self test procedure to learn the closed position. Did you ever perform that procedure?
Old 08-08-2013, 12:36 PM

Email sent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.