Crank No start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 07:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Crank No start

I bought an 05 F250 on 5/11/13 drove it 70 miles home. Didn't have plates or nothin so I let it sit thought id try to start it the following day let it get up to temp and it cranks but will not fire. I'm going to check FICM voltage today just need to figure out where exactly I'm testing. Tryed unplugging the sensor on top of the pass. side valve cover and it still won't start. Now I'm debating what to buy the Scangauge II or should I buy autoenginuity Ford scan tool bundle? Any help would be apreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2013, 08:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have a p2285 code I was doing some research on the forum but I got confused when guys started talking icp and ipr. Is this common I guess I just need some one to explain it. Truck ran fine when I shut it off no stuttering or anything. Just make me kind of mad now I have a fairly expensive lawn ornament any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:32 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Take it back to where you bought it. It has a HPO (High Pressure Oil). That code is for low ICP (Injector Control Pressure - HPO) meaning you have a HPO leak. The IPR is the Injector Pressure Regulator which is basically a valve that closes as the pump is pumping HPO to increase the pressure of the oil being fed to the injectors.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Unfortunatly I bought it private party so I can't return it. How difficult is fixing the HPO leak? What would I need? Should I go with the Auto Enginuity software?
Old 05-14-2013, 09:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger76 View Post
Unfortunatly I bought it private party so I can't return it. How difficult is fixing the HPO leak? What would I need? Should I go with the Auto Enginuity software?

I would look into the STC fitting, lots of write ups, not to awful to do if you have mechanical skills and a few hours to dig into it
Old 05-15-2013, 09:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Ok thanks I'll look into it Is there a manual that you guys recomend just for some help with projects like Chilton, Hanes, or Bentley? Thanks for all the help I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Did some research think its the STC fitting or High Pressure Pump leaking. I'm going to wait until I get my software to check oil press. but I did notice oil leakin either side of bell housing that wasn't there when I bought the truck. Is it possible the rear engine cover is leaking? Are my assumptions on track?

Last edited by Badger76; 05-16-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Ok guys. I got my AutoEnginuity today and played around with it a little. I have 1430psi icp while cranking which meets requested. FICM is 48.5v and drops to 40 while cranking. ICP volts is .22 and jumps to 1.72 during cranking. Still figuring the software out. Can somebody point me in the right direction what I should be checking now?
Old 05-21-2013, 02:21 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
See if your FICM is syncing to the PCM as well as get your FICM replaced or repaired the voltage drop while it is not enough to keep the truck from starting it is failing and needs to be addressed. Also what are your batteries health?
Old 05-21-2013, 08:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

batteries are fine checked those the other day and rechecked today. What do you mean see if the FICM is synching to the PCM? Anything you suggest for FICM replacement? I was reading about bpd and they have a 48v and a 58v I think it was. But I'm hearing conflicted responses about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.