P0263 code - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 05:21 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
P0263 code

Please help
just replaced oil cooler and egr delt.
I did this because pretty sure egr went out again.

Ok got it together today and changed oil "went to rotella syn" changed filter changed fuel filter.

At first there was no start. kept trying and then it did start. now blowing white smoke again but this time stinks like fuel and i can hear a air leak somewhere around the turbo can't tell yet if it is in front behind or below. looks like fuel or coolant spray from one of the exhaust pipes that come from turbo. pretty sure it s fuel, when on top of the motor my eyes burn from exhaust Is there a gasket i was supposed to get for the driverside pipe that connects to the turbo? I thought i had it together correct.

So for the bigger thing the white smoke and code that it put out after i rev the engine. P0263 Cylinder 1 contribution/balance.
what is this and where do i start. also started to mis after rev it was not doing that before the oil cooler change was running fine then shut it down for about 20min and started it up and it had white smoke blowing out exhaust just like it did when the egr went out before.

Last edited by florida250; 05-04-2013 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Need to add some more info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 04:42 PM

po263

Ok update cleard codes and started today smoking a little bit didnt want to drive it much put mostly distiled water in it was going to flush and replace coolant after oilcooler and egr cooler del.
so i drove around block slowly ran fine never went over 20mph about half mile. let truck get to optemp 180s to 190s no thermos state in at the moment.
after about 45mins of idling it stated to miss again so parked it and read codes this time its said cyl 3 contribution/balance. not number 1
any help please don't want to wast money i don't have replacing ramdom injectors
and i don't trust dealerships for anything.
also had to readjust turbo pipes today because they were leaking unpluged ficm to do so. sorry so long. but in a bit of a jam here stuck in a rv park.
thanks for any help.

Last edited by florida250; 05-05-2013 at 04:44 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-05-2013, 04:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I would say pull #1 injector and get it tested.
Raw fuel burns eyes.
You need to pick one problem and address it first.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:05 PM

Thanks for the info. Not to sound dumb but how would i test it or where to have tested. And its def raw fuel can smell it this wouldnt have anything todo with switching oil to syn would it?
Old 05-07-2013, 05:38 PM

Ok sorry to be stuck on this one. just went ahead and bought a new injector and currently waiting for it to get here so i planned on just doing the restore flush because did not want to leave my truck sitting with just distilled water in it so put restore in and fired it up. and vary little smoke at first could hardly even smell fuel in it just normal exhaust smell. let it run for half an hour and wouldn't get up to temp so drove it around block and ran good even took it out on the road did a few wot seemed to run great even with low boost.
boost gage hose got pinched and was leaking so wouldn't let me get more than 20lbs.

I still think i have a injector problem though, but truck didn't stumble once, could the cylinder codes came from air in system from the oil cooler change or the new oil or somthing?
Sorry trying to understand this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.