Swapped oil cooler now it misses? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 01:48 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Swapped oil cooler now it misses?

This weekend I swapped my oil cooler and installed a wicked wheel. Upon driving I felt the truck shake more than it did and feels like it is missing. The boost needle is a bit sparatic and shaky as it builds boost under mild acceleration (haven't pushed it further). There are no codes that I can read and no CEL. I listened around the exhaust (particularly the up pipe-turbo flange) and did not hear any hissing. The truck ran fantastic beforehand. My uneducated guess would be injector related? Could it be as simple as a connector not fully snapped in? What could I have done? Thanks!

2006 with your basic egr delete 4 inch exhaust, intake, tuner, and now the wheel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2013, 01:51 PM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Maybe double check the connections at the FICM.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:03 PM
Premium Member

Update.... started it up to double check for any leak and this time it has a CEL. SCT tuner says P0264. I did the job without touching the FICM or its connectors but I'll play with it anyway.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:28 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Any time I remove the intake manifold I take the FICM harness all the way out. It's too easy to damage an injector connector and not know it
Old 04-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner6.0L View Post
Any time I remove the intake manifold I take the FICM harness all the way out. It's too easy to damage an injector connector and not know it
I just hopped on here to tell all that I found the plastic "clip" part that retains the injector connector was missing. I assume its my fault. Pins are straight and the connector slides in and seats all the way down under pressure but without the retaining clips it backs out quite easily.

SO.... anyone have ideas how to go about this? I know the correct way is to either find a new male connector but for now I have to come up with something. I would like to make it removable for later (no packing it with glue!) so I figured I would secure it with a few well placed zip ties?
Old 04-28-2013, 05:23 PM
Premium Member

Runs great for now. I made a bracket that mounts on a nearby stud with two ears that push down on the connector base. Its a redneck fix but it'll work for now.

I can't wait to tell my wife why one electrical connector is going to cost $1400 bucks (or however much a set of 155 injectors are going for these days )
Old 04-28-2013, 07:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta_gofast View Post
This weekend I swapped my oil cooler and installed a wicked wheel. Upon driving I felt the truck shake more than it did and feels like it is missing. The boost needle is a bit sparatic and shaky as it builds boost under mild acceleration (haven't pushed it further). There are no codes that I can read and no CEL. I listened around the exhaust (particularly the up pipe-turbo flange) and did not hear any hissing. The truck ran fantastic beforehand. My uneducated guess would be injector related? Could it be as simple as a connector not fully snapped in? What could I have done? Thanks!

2006 with your basic egr delete 4 inch exhaust, intake, tuner, and now the wheel.
if your truck is missing it more than likely is a injector issue somewhere along the line whether it be on the electric or mechanical side don't know,,, worse case it is a compression issue, and yes check the connectors you might have broke one,, i bet would almost bet money it's a broking connector or wire somewhere, an injector misfire is like a spark plug misfire in a gasser, and the shake your talking about happens with a bad injector, this should give you a contribution code, you need to have it scanned then you will know where to look,,,, and it's not good driving one for too long missing like that ,,,,, a bad injector drove on for 2 long can melt a piston and ring fix it asap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.