Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Sporadic idle.... ICP? STC? IPR?

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  32520 
#1 ·
My truck is an 05 and it has been having two issues.

1. The turbo sounds like its winding up and down going down the road at a constant speed. Not a normal turbo spool. Really quickly. Thought it was egr valve . Unplugged it. Same thing. So I have turbo out and being cleaned.

2. While I have the turbo out I would like to fix my idle problem. I think it's high pressure oil related. It is not really an outstanding noise but I can defintely hear the motor going up then down when idling. I had another 6.0 that did this. Turned out to be stc fitting. Tore into this truck to do fitting upgrade and it already has the big brace that holds the branch tube. That is the upgraded version right? The support that bolts down across the back of the pump?... What else could the sporadic idle be then? Icp? Ipr? Stand tubes? Pressure on my scanguage for icp is about 590 give or take 15 to 20 when warm... Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

#2 ·
Gone thru 2 icp's and now on my 3'rd idle goes up and down every 2 days or so. Just annoying if nothing else. Nothing another 100 bucks wont take care of :doh:

#4 ·
Where is the exhaust pressure sensor? Is it easy to get to and clean? Special tools?

#6 ·
Awesome!!! Thanks man! I will do this tomorrow!

#8 ·
well we got the truck all back together... its almost 2 in the morning here. i changed the oil while i was working on it. it was time. anyways. i broke the oil pressure sensor. this is the only thing that is wrong on the truck. i did egr delete and blue spring upgrade while i was in there. i primed and started the truck just to make sure it would start. it sounded a little funny i thought. something did not sound right. and the no oil pressure on the dash from the sensor being broke just scared me too much to let it keep running.

on my scan gauge, my ICP was reading 0... i know its not 0 because the truck was running. could it be because of the low pressure oil sensor? and could that be why it was running a little funny?

the ICP sensor is definitely plugged in.and oil is reading on the dipstick.

one thing is for sure. i will not be working on my truck this late again any time soon... :zzz:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.